PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Watchdogs
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
nürnberg server down ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I just noticed that I was unable to make receive calls.

My extensions were not able to register and this seems to be for some time now.

Last time you wrote that safeguards have been in place but they don't seem to work.

I now changed manually to the paris server instead of nürnberg and all my extensions were not able to register themself.

I did not bother to reset nürnberg don't know if this solved the problem.

These problems don't make me happy as I have to manually do things. All my trunks were only but only the extensions were not able to register.

30.05.2008 13:26 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: nürnberg server down ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The new monitoring is in place (www.pbxes.org/status) and did not show any error.

You reported another case recently (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=1209642570) where you moved to another server because your account did not function properly although the server was ok.

Although you had it twice this month such problems occur very seldom. When searching for "reset PBX" there are only about 10 entries found in the forum of the last 2 years.

Next time please try to reset your PBX first (by just clicking "Submit & Start" without modifying anything) and see what happens. Based on your results we will consider implementing watchdogs for every account, not just the servers itself.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 31.05.2008 at 05:15.

30.05.2008 13:42 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

RE: Watchdogs Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

As my problem from last week reffered again to this thread. I did not receive an answer on my question on how this problem will be solved.

Will you implement a watchdog per account or what is your plan to solve this problem.

03.08.2008 19:16 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: Watchdogs Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We have implemented a first version of a watchdog resetting a PBX automatically if it hangs. Please let us know here if you run into the problem again.

03.08.2008 22:52 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

RE: Watchdogs Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the fast reply. I will check if I will have problems and will let you know.

04.08.2008 09:19 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: