PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
seb

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Difficulties with extensions ... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello all.
That is a long time now I use pbexes, premium, and I am happy with it, when I dont do nothing difficult :-(

Basically, I have created some extensions, 3 used in our office in Paris, hooked to a gigaset S450IP, 1 in my home in paris, used with a gigaset C450IP, and one with my portable laptop, used with IPTEL.

I am using several providers, freephonie, netappel ... When we are called at the office, it is with a basic analogic phone line, and the S450IP use the fixed line for it. When we are called home, my free phone is hooked to the C450;

Now, today, I am with my laptop in brasil, and I thought I was able to call one of my collaborator with its extension number. Let say, I call the 202. My dell is the 221. The 202 rings. SOme one lift the phone, and no voice can be heared. So I have to call the normal office line ... and noone can call me, with my 221.

The "documentation" is a littel light. And I dont know what to do ?

Can we start a discussion ?

Thanks for the help.

22.05.2008 17:54 sebastien is offline Search for Posts by sebastien Add sebastien to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I believe your issue has to do with the NAT traversal, which the soft-phone in laptop has to perform. Since you are experiencing the one-way voice symptom, the NAT of the router your laptop is connected to, is not being traversed properly.

What soft-client are you using on the Dell?

23.05.2008 17:37 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: