PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: Nokia E61 connectioncheck
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ale
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 23.11.2006

Nokia E61 connectioncheck Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

How often does the server checks the connection with the phone? I would like to know whether this ' connectioncheck' drains the battery of the phone.

22.05.2007 02:36 alexcheam is offline Search for Posts by alexcheam Add alexcheam to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Nokia E61 connectioncheck Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

ConnectionCheck makes the phone register every 10 seconds. Although this is often I don't think that this option drains the battery significantly faster than without, at least in WLANs. We tried with longer intervals and got comparable standby times.

25.06.2007 13:09 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Nokia E61 connectioncheck Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

For newly saved extensions with ConnectionCheck enabled the registration interval has been raised to 1 minute. This is to save some bandwidth on mobile internet plans.

27.09.2008 15:07 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Is this registration interval user configurable in Source View?

28.09.2008 00:57 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Yes, it is. "maxexpiry" in sip.conf contains the number of seconds.

28.09.2008 01:09 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: