PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Caller ID with Betamax trunks
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
met

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Caller ID with Betamax trunks Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We use Betamax trunks for calling mobiles. However, as said in other postings, Betamax in all its permutations, does not seem to allow you to send your own ID through pbxes (unless you have purchased a VOIP-in number from them - which is only available on some of their sites). We would very much like to be able to send our caller ID on calling mobiles.

I am no technical expert but I understand that Pbxes is an Asterisk-based system. I read on the web that some people have succeeded in overcoming this. I found the following post -

http://www.ukvoiptalk.com/uk-telecom-voi...d-asterisk.html

As I said, I am no technical expert, but could the information here be used to enable sending out ID.s from Pbxes using Betamax trunks? I have the relevant caller id set up on the Betamax software - in this case Intervoip - and that sends it out. It is only if I use it as a trunk on Pbxes, it does not.

Tried putting the number in pbxes CID and leaving it blank - neither seem to work.

Thanks

Mike

PS Pascal,
Thanks for all of your help in last few weeks - everything seems to be working fine again. Am about to try and switch paypal accounts - so hopefully I will do it right this time smile

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by met on 16.11.2008 at 14:18.

16.11.2008 13:48 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: Caller ID with Betamax trunks Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=166

16.11.2008 19:04 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to: