PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: How to have a prefix to use one Trunk or another
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dpc

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
How to have a prefix to use one Trunk or another Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I want to have a prefix number to use Trunk A or Trunk B

for Example:

no prefix to use Trunk A as outbound trunk
9 before the number to use Trunk B as outbound trunk

is this possible?

29.11.2007 16:03 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
ozp

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, this can easily be done.

Create a new outbound route

Under dial patterns, enter the dial pattern you would normally enter, but this time prefix it with 9|.

For example, a dialing pattern of: 9|NXXXXXXXXX could be used for 10 digit North American dialing. The 9| indicates to the system that only calls that follow this pattern AND are prefixed with the number 9 will dial out using this route. (The prefix '9' will not actually be dialed on the trunk).

At the bottom of the outbound route setup page, add the trunk you want the calls prefixed with 9 to dial on.

29.11.2007 18:17 ozpoole is offline Search for Posts by ozpoole Add ozpoole to your Buddy List
dpc

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Tnx for the faste reply Oz

But maybe I did something wrong.

This is what I did

Outbound route 1 with Trunk A left normal with dial pattern XX. for all calls

Outbound route 2 with Trunk B with dial pattern 9|XX.

But when I open the phone and dial 9 and after that the number I have to call no sign

29.11.2007 18:32 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
bob

To test if thrunk B works, switch the trunks.

So when dialing 9 so select trunk A and the other one select trunk B.

If it doest not work it has something to do with trunk B.
If it works than there is another problem in pbxes.

As for outboud routing you have to create 2 outbound routings.

outbound 1 for trunk A using dial pattern XX. and trunk A
outbound 2 for trunk B using dial pattern 9|XX. and trunk B

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 30.11.2007 at 10:35.

30.11.2007 10:33 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
dpc

Same thing with trunk A or B, when I dial 9 before the number no call starts

30.11.2007 12:02 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
dpc

Yes I've put 9|XX.
But on the dial patterns of the outbound route right?
I've also put "9" on the Outbound dial prefix on the tunk section.
I've tried also with 50 an nothing changes.

01.12.2007 11:27 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
bob

Zitat:
Originally posted by dpctech
Yes I've put 9|XX.
But on the dial patterns of the outbound route right?
I've also put "9" on the Outbound dial prefix on the tunk section.
I've tried also with 50 an nothing changes.

only put 9 or 50 in the outbound routing not in the dial prefix of the trunk !

02.12.2007 14:29 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
dpc

Done, the dial patterns of the outbound routing is 50|XX.
If I make for example number 50and the number (example: 503475176632) nothing happens.

Have you tried this config?

03.12.2007 12:55 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
bob

Yes i use many routes toi select trunks or preset caller id to make calls.

Trunk is setup normally but eveything under dial rules in the trunk is empty !!
Dial rules: empty
Dial rules wizard : empty/pickone
Outbound dial prefix: empty

Outbound routing

Routename: give name
Password: leave empty
Extensions: leave empty
Earlyconnect: no
dial patterns: 80|XX.
dial rules wizard: empty/pickone
Trunksequence: select your trunk A or B here and press ADD to add it.

Submit changes and press red bar on top of the screen to activate changes.

As you have 2 trunks I would use a dial pattern for both routes. Take for example 80 (or other number ) for route through trunk A and 81 to trunk B

03.12.2007 13:52 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
dpc

Hi Bob,
with one trunk works but not the other, in outbound routing trunk have a list, the very top one works the other no. Trunk are from the same voip provider, could this be the problem?
If I change trunk same problem, it seems to be that trunk

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dpc on 03.12.2007 at 14:51.

03.12.2007 14:03 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
bob

I have trunks from the same provider but only use them for incoming calls.

I also have several trunks setup from 1 provider but just using 1 account.

If you say the same provider, does this mean that you have 2 accounts using 2 different passwords ?

I have setup these account under trunk to only register four outbound calls = no. Standard in this setting is yes both inbound and outbound calls.

Another solutions to try is to get a softphone and see if you can register both accounts at the same time.

I don't think this is a pbxes problem as mine works perfect using different routes and different providers.

03.12.2007 18:42 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
dpc

Yes I have 2 different number with 2 different password

Example:

Italian number 070.999999
UK number 0044.01234567

Both trunk register perfectly (in fact both receive and make calls) but on pbxes status I see only one provider, is this ok?

03.12.2007 18:46 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
bob

are these 2 numbers from 1 provider, if so pbxes will only show the provider once.

if there are 2 different providers it should show 2 providers.

But as I can recall you can make call using either trunk a or b.

When both trunks are registered can you receive calls on both lines and does the phone ring.

03.12.2007 20:20 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: How to have a prefix to use one Trunk or another Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=1030

06.12.2007 00:08 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to: