PBXes » English » Providers » Callcentric & Vox working
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mon
Premium Account

Registration Date: 17.10.2007

Outgoing Call can not be made Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I can not dial out any number using Voxalot account , only call can be made via Speed dial of Voxalot .
Please look into my account, and let me know what am doing wrong in setting up or in dial plan
I have in Voxalot account callcentric and Voipbutser and for outbound calls only with dial plan, and same are setup to make speed dial in voxalot.
Callcentric sends out phone number 16267710198, which seems blacklisted by Pbxes. this number is for for carrier interoperability not a valid pstn number.

03.11.2007 11:48 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Outgoing Call can not be made Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

There is no blacklist for that number.

03.11.2007 14:34 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Number not likely to be Blacklisted Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The number in question belongs to the NPA-NXX listed below:

code:
NPA-NXX   RATE CENTRE      REGION   OCN                                                                                   LATA
626-771  Azusa-Glendora  CA          8827 FOCAL COMMUNICATIONS CORP OF CALIFORNIA   730

It seems to be a valid phone number, which when I called it via a BetaMax trunk (VoipDiscount) yielded the following message: "The number you have dialed is unavailable from your calling area. Please make a note of it."

So the number is certainly not blacklisted. Looking it up on a search engine though, yielded the following results: http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-626-771-0198

Do you have any documentation which indicates it is used for for carrier interoperability?

03.11.2007 17:53 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mon
Premium Account

Number not likely to be Blacklisted Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Here I am enclosing the Callcentric cusromer service answer. 1st is my compalin and and next is the answer.

Trouble ticket number:
Open Date: Oct 24, 2007 10:14 AM
Type: Call Completion

Message: Caller party get CID number "6267710198" and name "BLACKLISTED", from where this number and named picked up. what this number "6267710198", actuality it should be my callcentric number 1777xxxxxx
I have checked up my all setup failed to find out.

Oct 24, 2007 06:07 PM | Customer service
Hello,

Yes, because you do not have a phone number under your account, and since we cannot pass your 17772996382 number as your Caller ID to the PSTN (the traditional telephone network), our system sends out the 16267710198 phone number. This is mostly due for carrier interoperability.

However, if you like to have your caller ID to display a number not provided by Callcentric, you can do the following:

1.Call from your phone (with Caller ID NOT blocked) to:
1-626-771-0198 . This should be from the phone and with the Caller ID that you would like on your Callcentric account.
2. You will hear an error message when you call this number and be disconnected.
3. Open a trouble ticket on your Callcentric account by following this link:

03.11.2007 19:58 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

The importance of valid ANIs in the US Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Callcentric's reply makes sense and I will discuss the reasons behind it in detail. What they are actually doing is replacing a non routable ANI with a routable ANI.

Your Callcentric number +17772996382 is not a routable PSTN number. The Area Code (NPA) 777 has not been assigned into any area of the US or Canada, so any number which starts from it doesn't exist, and cannot be called from a normal PSTN line.

Since you have not bought a DID from them, if Callcentric presents your 7772996382 number as the Caller-ID (ANI) number on your outgoing call, two issues arise:

• Since it is an invalid ANI which they assigned, and the call originates in the US it is illegal, so they might get in trouble with their upstream providers and/or the FCC.
• Originating a call with invalid ANI, is a guaranteed way for Callcentric to pay more to terminate it in the US. Calls with invalid ANI are generally classified as Intra-State calls, which can cost as much as 400% more than Inter-State calls.

So what Callcentric does, which is pretty clever I might add, is to insert a routable ANI (Caller-ID) on your outbound call, from a pool of numbers they own. They also "link" your non-routable 7772996382 number to the routable 6267710198 on which, when someone calls it, they play the carrier announcement I quoted you above, since you haven't paid them to use that number as a DID.

The really clever part kicks in, when you call that 6267710198 number via a PSTN line which has a valid ANI (Caller-ID), in which case they pick up the Caller-ID of the caller (which they validate when you open the trouble ticket), and assign it to your Callcentric trunk, to be shown as your Caller-ID when you use it to make outgoing calls. A very innovative procedure to assign a valid ANI and Caller-ID Name on a trunk, indeed. So if you are physically located in the US or Canada, you can use a landline or cellphone, to assign its' Caller-ID and Name to your Callcentric trunk.

In closing, substituting the routable ANI 6267710198 on your outbound calls, is done for carrier interoperability. The 6267710198 is a valid & routable PSTN number semi-assigned to you, for the purposes I explained above.

04.11.2007 03:24 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mon
Premium Account

Callcentric & Vox working Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks, eventually Pbxes team made it work, really you guys are very prompt to response and knowledgeable to find the solution. Keep it up.

System is working normal. Do you have speed dial, I could not find.

04.11.2007 14:15 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: