PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Maximum Channels on a trunk issue
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
exp

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Maximum Channels on a trunk issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

We have 2 trunks defined with 1 maximum channel on each.
We have an outbound route defined with trunk sequence: 1 and 2
When an extension is using one of the trunks, the next call gets fast busy/congestion signal or simply disconnects from pbxes alltogether, that means that the outbound routing still tries the first available trunk in sequence, instead of recognizing the max.channel limit on this trunk and trying the other one instead.

It seems to be a bug....

How is it possible to make your system act in a consistent manner, by falling over to the next available trunk in outbound route, when the max.channels per trunk is reached on the first one used ???

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by exp on 13.12.2006 at 15:58.

13.12.2006 15:51 exparts is offline Search for Posts by exparts Add exparts to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Daumen hoch! RE: Maximum Channels on a trunk issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The maximum number of channels was always measured per SIP server i.e. if both of your trunks were on the same SIP server it didn't work.

We have corrected this. Now you have two options:

• Maximum channels: Measured per SIP server, limits incoming and outgoing calls
  • Maximum outbound channels: Measured per trunk, limits outgoing calls

13.12.2006 21:17 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
exp

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, it still doesn't work, tried placing calls simultaneously and it doesn't work for the same sip server.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by exp on 14.12.2006 at 10:42.

14.12.2006 10:34 exparts is offline Search for Posts by exparts Add exparts to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Maximum Channels on a trunk issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We have verified that it works properly on our account. To trace this please have a look at your call monitor. It shows the selected trunk for outbound calls.

14.12.2006 12:24 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dja
Premium Account

Registration Date: 06.05.2009

RE: Maximum Channels on a trunk issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We are experiencing a similar issue.
We have a limit of 2 lines per trunk, and a sequence of 3 trunks on our outbound route.
We then use a queue to handle an inbound call and ring extensions (pstn numbers) which go out via the the outbound route. The first number will ring, the 2nd will then attempt to use the 1st trunk, fail and the end call will be played a "this call can not be connected as dialed" message and then hung up on.

This seems to be a bug to me.

28.08.2012 10:38 djay is offline Search for Posts by djay Add djay to your Buddy List
red
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 15.01.2011

geschockt RE: Maximum Channels on a trunk issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Dear Sirs,
We also have the same issue but using a Sub Pbx.
If we use a normal trunk everything works fine, but using a Sub Pbx (which should be the same as a trunk as far as I undestood) as first trunk for some dial rules, if the Sub Pbx trunk is busy and we call some numbers inside the same rules we have the same issue: the call does not go trough the second trunk (which is the default route). We hear the message "this call can not be connected as dialed" and the hung up on.
The Sub Pbx trunk is connected to a Spa3102 that acts as a FXO port, with this configuration when we receive or we route some calls trough the PSTN line ( so the line is busy) we cannon call numbers that fall inside the dial rules.
The Sub Pbx is limited to 1 maximum channel.
Could you please check ?

Thanks

Patrick

31.10.2012 12:54 redbulco is offline Search for Posts by redbulco Add redbulco to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: