PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: Cisco 7940G / 7960G
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
loo

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Cisco 7940G / 7960G Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Couldn't find anything about these on here but I am having trouble getting my registered. Is there something I am doing wrong? Anyone else have issues getting these phones to register?

They are going through NAT and a firewall.

01.02.2012 19:24 looperz is offline Search for Posts by looperz Add looperz to your Buddy List
elk

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Cisco 7940G / 7960G Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

First and foremost, make sure they have SIP firmware installed. I have a Cisco 7940 phone setup as an extension so I know they work.

The other problem maybe NAT'ing. If that's the case, you'll need to setup a TFTP server for the phone to contact. Direct the phone to contact the TFTP server, and look for a file called SIPDefault.cnf. This maybe found on the internet. You need to change a couple of lines:

nat_enable: "1"
nat_address: "(outside address)"

If you have more than one phone, this might pose an issue. I don't know since I have setup only one phone at work with a firewall that I have no access to and the Cisco 7912 phones I have at home connect to a local PBX setup as a trunk to my PBXes account.

Please let me know if there is more I can help with.

01.02.2012 22:02 elkosupertech is offline Search for Posts by elkosupertech Add elkosupertech to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: