PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » DTMF - inbound to pbxes
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
baz

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
DTMF - inbound to pbxes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I was having a problem recently where my aa was not recognising the dtmf tones from my mobile. I assume this is an issue with my sip trunk provider, but is there anyway to tell how they are passing the tones to pbxes (inband, rfc, sipinfo?) and what codec a call is actually established as?

I have managed to get it to work by editing some settings on my trunk I have with them. They have a "support compression" option or "high quality voice". The differences are as follows:
"Support Compression":
alaw|g729|speex|ilbc|h264
"high quality"
ulaw|alaw|g729

Is there any reason why the "support compression" option wouldn't send DTMF correctly? I'd prefer to have the trunk set to that to better support voip on my mobile.

Also, I'm assuming any settings I make on my trunk / extensions only affect outbound DTMF sending. Correct?

Thanks

edit: I tested it again and it's definitely an issue with the choice I make above. Now, I'm not sure where the problem lies, though I suspect it's my provider I'd like to at least give them some evidence if possible. Do you think they are sending it in band and it's causing problems? Does the lack of ulaw in "support compression" matter? Is there an issue with inband dtmf and ulaw <> alaw conversion?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by baz on 06.01.2012 at 12:41.

04.01.2012 12:04 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: