PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: SMS <> Landlines
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
baz

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
SMS <> Landlines Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello,

I've a general telephony related question and was hoping someone here could help / give me some info.

I have an account with a betamax clone that allows you to send SMSes with a number that you have validated with them. I'd like it so that when I send an SMS the outbound number appears as my company's landline, this is easy enough. However, I also want it so that when they SMS this number I the SMS arrives as an email, and when they call it, I'd like a phone to ring.

Is this possible? Where do SMSes to landlines "terminate". Does the mobile carrier see it's a landline then do its own text-to-speach? I can have the SMSes arrive as a garbled robot-woman, but an email would be much more practical.

Ideas?

Thanks!

03.09.2010 16:23 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
rda
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 20.03.2011

RE: SMS <> Landlines Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello Bazmercer,

I was looking for something similar. I don' t know if you already solved the issue but, from what I can understand of, it seems to me there are a number of issues that need to be addressed:

Sending SMS.
From what I have understood from your message you're using a betamax clone.
Therefore you send your SMS using their software application which by the way allows you to set up sending phone number (among those validated by you).

In this respect it could be nice if you could do this through pbxes, but that's another story.

Receiving SMS
If someone sends you back an SMS at the number which was previously set by betamax the first thing is: who provided you that number?

In case it is a virtual DID number provide by a SIP operator, the thing is that service has to include also any kind of SMS-to-something gateway otherwise you are not getting back anything.

Then, assuming your DID number service provider gives you such kind of gateway, again it may be nice if that kind of gateway could include also conversion into SIP protocol so that it could eventually be understood by pbxes and then eventually forwarded to a SIP client, but this is science fiction as for now.

Anyway, have you solved your issue in some ways?

Best
Dario

30.09.2011 10:04 rdarioc is offline Search for Posts by rdarioc Add rdarioc to your Buddy List
baz

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: SMS <> Landlines Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

No I didn't really get anywhere and gave up looking...

03.10.2011 16:12 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: