PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: Blind transfer is not working fine
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tij
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 28.10.2007

Blind transfer is not working fine Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

*2 Blind Transfer

Is this feature working fine ? Here it is not working. "The other party will be immediately connected with the transferee. You get a new dialtone...Caution: When transferring outbound calls to external parties you as the caller get replaced by the external party which itself becomes able to transfer and make calls over your PBX".

Just # # Attended Transfer it`s working fine. Is there a problem with blind transfer ?

Thank you for your help.

07.10.2010 16:26 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Blind transfer is not working fine Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It depends on the ATA you are using. What kind is it? Is *x defined in its' dial plan?

07.10.2010 20:55 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tij
Grünschnabel

RE: Blind transfer is not working fine Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by Diafora
It depends on the ATA you are using. What kind is it? Is *x defined in its' dial plan?

Yes it is. I think that it is not an ATA problem. When I dial *2 and the number of extension, the call goes to voice mail.

07.10.2010 21:00 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List
baz

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

Do you have an extension numbered just 2?

to clarify, *xxx where xxx is an extension will send it to the vm of that extension. I wonder if it's to do with that in someway?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by baz on 08.10.2010 at 08:53.

07.10.2010 21:12 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
tij
Grünschnabel

I think that something is wrong. Here is the print from Pbxes help page :

But when i diall * 2 and Pbxes extension, the call goes to Voice Mail extension

08.11.2010 20:49 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

What the instruction is not specifying is, that if you expect to blind transfer a call, you should specify the extension to transfer it to, as well. So by dialing *2 you won't go far.

To include the extension number to transfer the call to, the dialed digits should be *2xxx for a 3-digit extension or *2xxxx for a 4-digit extension. The same string should be included in the dial-plan of the ATAs as well, otherwise it might not be allowed to be dialed.

Having said that, I should state that whoever is transferring calls, should seriously consider getting an IP-phone instead of using an ATA. After-all ATAs were introduced to the market in order to keep using the existing phones at homes. They were never intended for office use which is what transferring calls is.

This does not apply to ATAs connected to traditional PBX systems (PABX for Europeans) since the "IP lines" created by them, should be using the native PABX transfer functionality instead of PBXes'.

10.11.2010 15:33 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
uno

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

Ok Diafora.

I`m doing like this :

When I receive a call with my 235 extension, I dialed 2*237( my other extension) and the call goes to 237 VoiceMail directly. This feature was working fine before, but now it is not.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Dia on 14.11.2010 at 03:02.

10.11.2010 15:59 unopar is offline Search for Posts by unopar Add unopar to your Buddy List
tij
Grünschnabel

Yessssss! I have the same like Unopar !

12.11.2010 19:05 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Hey unopar,

If this was working for you in the past, something changed, so we should look for it.

• What kind of ATAs are you using that can't blindly transfer a call anymore?
• Can you connect a PC and an ATA on a hub, and get a SIP Trace with WireShark?

@tijuca As far as I know, you are primarily using XLite (EyeBeam) so you don't necessarily need to do Blink Transfers via the *2 VSAC. There should be an option in XLite that allows you to transfer a call without dialing a code.

14.11.2010 03:09 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: