PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups » RE: Call ens when picking up phone with certain provider
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
deo

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Call ens when picking up phone with certain provider Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello,

I have a problem with one of my SIP providers, 3starsnet (one of the adviced providers by PBXes.
I have another trunk via weepee, which works perfect. But a call coming in from the 3stars trunk always gets ended instantly when picking up the phone.

There is no HD codec passthrough, and neither is there a second phone logged in directly.
The name of the trunk didn't change either, at least, not by me.

I had this problem before, and indeed, after a day calls came in perfectly. However this is the second time it is down, so I can't use this phone number professionally.
Another note: the person calling thinks there is a connection, he just doesn't hear anything.

So i don't get what the problem is. Any tips?

EDIT:
Ok I tried some more.
Every time i edit something, and need to apply the changes, the inbound route drops the call when I answer the phone.
I only edites something in a ring group, nothing that has anything to do with the trunk on its own.
Then, after a while, a couple of hours, everything works perfectly again.
This is with the 3starsnet provider.
When I use weepee as inbound route, the problem doesn't occur.

Any ideas?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by deo on 23.11.2010 at 20:11.

23.11.2010 12:32 deoudelanden is offline Search for Posts by deoudelanden Add deoudelanden to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Call ens when picking up phone with certain provider Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

If the inbound call drops after it has gone through the Inbound route, and has rung the phone (connected via an ATA or the actual IP-phone), chances are there is a vocoder incompatibility between the ITSP's SIP Proxy and your SIP User Agent (ATA, soft-phone, IP-phone).

This type of issues are quite hard to troubleshoot, since the vocoder negotiation takes place between SIP elements before every single phone call. Your ITSP is most probably using multiple PSTN gateways and / or SIP Proxies, and one of them is not configured identically to the others.

Try deleting this trunk from PBXes, and setting it up on a soft-phone, ATA or IP-phone. If you observe similar behavior when calling that DID, then you should contact the ITSP.

24.11.2010 00:21 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: