PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Click-to-call
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mar

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Click-to-call Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello,

I'd like to suggest webcall to include a click-to-call solution, which means users/customers may talk directly from their computers to my company extension.

That could be an extra button within pbxes.org/alias page.

The main advantage of the proposed method is that my company can receive calls for free. Current webcall method requires me to pay for one leg of the talk, which is not always desirable (prank calls, e.g.).

Also, webcall "as is" replaces toll-free numbers with excellence, but it is annoying for other companies when I tell them they'll have to pay to receive calls.

Many SIP providers have this function implemented, so I see it is possible (although I have no idea of how hard) to be done.

Sincere regards

14.08.2010 17:50 marcelcalil is offline Search for Posts by marcelcalil Add marcelcalil to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Click-to-call Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

So what you are actually are hoping for, if I understand this correctly, is for your website to display a Click-to-Call link. When a person clicks on it, you expect an OnNet call to take place which will end up on an Inbound Route of your PBXes account. This will allow you to answer the call like any other inbound call.

This will require some integration with the various web sites, but I believe it's a worthwhile addition.

16.08.2010 21:07 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mar

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Click-to-call Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Mein Freund Diafora, thanks for you comment.

Actually, it requires a pbxes.org/something web page to include a flash-based softphone, which access the user's mic and speakers and calls my pre-set inbound route.

My website would just point to this web page (as today I point to pbxes.org/marcelcalil).

Placing an analogy, current webcall connects any given extension on PBXes (A-end) to any outbound number placed in the page (B-end). On Click-to-call the user's computer would be the B-end keeping it 100% free (as long as my bandwidth usage does not exceed my quota).

Regards

16.08.2010 21:33 marcelcalil is offline Search for Posts by marcelcalil Add marcelcalil to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: