PBXes » English » Providers » RE: OnSip Configuration
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
nat
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 30.05.2008

OnSip Configuration Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am trying to configure on sip hosted sip with pbxes.org, they provide following information.

Phone Configuration
Address of Record: sip@natures.in
SIP Password: *************
Auth Username: natures
Username: sip
Proxy/Domain: natures.in

would appereciate how i can configure onsip account with pbxes.org using above information.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by nat on 10.07.2010 at 09:58.

10.07.2010 09:57 natures is offline Search for Posts by natures Add natures to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: OnSip Configuration Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello,

I might be mistaken, so please correct me if I am wrong, but are these credentials of an account from the hosted PBX service offered by OnSIP? Are you sure you wish to interconnect two hosted PBX services? Will there be any particular advantage from their interconnection?

If indeed there is, you should use these credentials to establish a Trunk on your PBXes account. But if the OnSIP Proxy requires specifying both the Username and the Auth Username, you won't be able to set it up as the holder of a SoHo account.

Take care.

11.07.2010 18:52 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
nat
Grünschnabel

RE: OnSip Configuration Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

thanks for reply, i am trying to use sip@natures.in as inward sip uri. onsip provides this facility, i have configured my voip devises on pbxes.org and i would like to set onsip hosted account as trunk.

if you could suggest any other idea then please suggest, does pbxes.org provide this functionality.

11.07.2010 21:00 natures is offline Search for Posts by natures Add natures to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Here is what I have found so far, concerning your request.

One way to specify the Auth Username of the OnSIP trunk is to prepend it to the Password with a colon. So in your case it will be:

Username: sip
Password: natures:password_string
SIP Server: natures.in

On another note, if the sip@natures.in can be changed to natures-SomeText@natures.in you might be able to accept the inbound calls via a corresponding Inbound Route in your PBXes account.

On a completely different note, if you can make changes to the DNS Records of your domain, then you can add the proper SRV records to accept inbound SIP calls directly on PBXes, without having OnSIP to act as an intermediary.

16.07.2010 12:05 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
nat
Grünschnabel

Thanks for reply i have changes DNS SVF records so that my sip calls ends to pbxes.org

but there is one limitation: only calls to natures@natures.in get terminated to pbxes.org

calls to my other trunks like natures-xxx@natures.in dont get terminated to pbxes.org but they go to some Vague phone.

i have properly configured the inbound routed on the setup, still facing this problem.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by nat on 21.07.2010 at 10:40.

21.07.2010 10:40 natures is offline Search for Posts by natures Add natures to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: