PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Enum maybe ?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

Enum maybe ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
I have family members using PBXes extensions around UK/Europe successfully. For calls between ourselves we use extension to extension calling, latency is low and quality good as are calls to and from the pstn.
I would like to simplify things so that they can forget extension numbers and just use their did numbers. This presents 2 problems, if I use the same supplier ( eg sipgate) to both make and receive the call then I get a 'loop detected' error, whereas if I use a different suppliers (eg voicetrading for outgoing leg and sipgate for incoming leg) then latency becomes noticeable.
Is external ENUM the the only real solution and are there issues with lookup times, reliability etc.
A PBXes internal lookup table would seem ideal if it existed.
Regards

07.01.2010 02:59 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Not Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It does exist, but I would hardly call it ideal.

Would your users really prefer to dial a 10, 11 or 12 digit sequence instead of a 3 or 4 digit sequence? Impressive!

But if that is what they want, let's help them along to RSI. We assume one user's DID is 02123456789 and the extension needed to ring, on an incoming call from another extension, is 107.

Create a Classic extension with Extension Number 02123456789 and PSTN_Number 107. Et voila, no ENUM lookups required, all internal to PBXes.

07.01.2010 04:22 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: Enum maybe ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the reply,
As you say extension numbers are far easier to use for most of us but I'm trying to create a simple catchall for the occasions that dids are dialled instead of extensions (usually by mother in law).
I don't think that extension numbers can begin with a zero, which means using ATA dial plans to manipulate the string first, starting to get a bit messy but possible.
I'll probably end up just using the memory dial functions of the telephone, but I would have liked to have found a simple solution that I could manage centrally.
Regards
Ron

07.01.2010 13:36 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: