PBXes » English » Providers » RE: How can I use Voipian with Pbxes ?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tij
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 28.10.2007

How can I use Voipian with Pbxes ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I`m using Voipian provider and it has an new way to register .

* User name: Enter your username here.
* Password: Enter your password here.
* Registrar: voipian. com
* Proxy: sip. voipian. com

So the Sip Proxy is not like a Registrar. How can I register this voip in Pbxes? There is not a field "Registrar" at Pbxes, only "Sip Server" . I can register only Sip Server but I can`t make calls. There is others voip providers like a Voipian. When I use my ATA directly, it works fine. I want to use with Pbxes. What to do ?

Thank you for your answers .

14.08.2009 19:04 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: How can I use Voipian with Pbxes ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

There is nothing new with this way of registration, but this leads me to the question, where exactly did you find these instructions on the VoIPian site?

Since I took the time to look through their site, as well as their VoIPax parent site, nowhere on these sites is mentioned their service is compatible with SIP User Agents (ATAs, IP-phones, etc) except their own soft-phone. Essentially, they forbid their clients to use services like PBXes, or even their own SIP UAs, by withholding this information from their sites.

As a result, this presents a unique set of problems for PBXes. If we consider helping you register to their servers, we might be assisting you to violate the General Terms and Conditions, or the Specific Terms of Use you agreed to, when you signed on to their service. The above agreements, are available on the Terms and Conditions part or their website, and contain enough legalese to prevent us from assisting you.

As you can see it is one thing, when you register to their service using your ATA (which also shows your IP to their servers) and quite another when you use our servers and IPs to do so. In the first case, you might get your account suspended, in the second case we might get the IP of a server black-holed, which will affect a whole lot more users of PBXes.

I suggest if you want their service to work with PBXes, ask them to release official details on how to use an ATA or a hosted PBX with their service. I doubt you will get an answer, but it's worth trying!

29.08.2009 09:45 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tij
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 28.10.2007

RE: How can I use Voipian with Pbxes ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I thank you for your answer. You`re right. I give up. I`ll use my Voipian only with the Voipian program.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dia on 30.08.2009 at 12:16.

30.08.2009 03:51 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

My answer was not meant to discourage you, but to highlight the potential pitfalls of trying to use such ITSPs with PBXes.

If you believe their service or price is worthwhile, try to convince them to allow more than just their own soft-client. But you can only be the judge of that. Remember, clients have a certain power to influence business decisions.

30.08.2009 12:15 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
req

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

Hi,
As the provider ask a singular registration as tijuca is saying, there is any chance to do what the Voipian need to be registred editng the sip.conf?

Thank you very much for your attention and time.

07.12.2009 11:22 requisitte is offline Search for Posts by requisitte Add requisitte to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

I am not at all sure if I understand what you are requesting.

As I have stated on my earlier message, VoIPian does not seem to wish to allow its' clients to use its' services from an ATA or other type of SIP User Agent. No such information exists on their web page, to assist their clients to succeed in this endeavor.

But you have access to the Source View page, you seem to have a VoIPian account, so you can go ahead and try using tijuca's information mentioned on his first post.

If you succeed let us know the results. If you fail, you can lobby VoIPian to change their policy.

07.12.2009 17:41 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: