PBXes » English » PBXes PRO » RE: Setting Outbound CallerID
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
asn

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Achtung Setting Outbound CallerID (sendrpid) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am currently using Callwithus.com and Voip.ms and these two providers allow me to set my own callerid. However, by default PBXes doesn't allow the callerid to be display correctly. I seem to resolve this by adding adding this line to the sip.conf of each of my trunks.

sendrpid=yes

It works and my CallerID is displayed correctly but the only problem is only the "Outbound CallerID" sent in the Trunk is set while the "Outbound CallerID" set in the extension is never sent for some reason. I think this is the reason why so many people are having so many issues setting CallerID with their VSP.

Anyway, another big problem is everytime I edit my trunk through the Trunk page form, this lines are deleted again. Is it possible to implement this feature into the Trunk page to allow this option to be edited through the form? It'd be great if this can be added as a standard feature on all account types.

Edit: I seem to resolve the problem with CallerID not being sent from the extension by manually editing the "callerid" value in sip.conf for my extension. By default the callerid looks like this:

callerid=<extension #>

I have to change it to this:

callerid="Name" <real phone number>

This post has been edited 7 time(s), it was last edited by asn on 21.04.2009 at 17:10.

20.04.2009 05:57 asnguy01 is offline Search for Posts by asnguy01 Add asnguy01 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: Setting Outbound CallerID Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It should be working if just the number (without name) is entered into the caller id field of the extension.

The corresponding help text has been updated.

02.05.2009 14:42 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: