PBXes » English » PBXes PRO » RE: PBXes PRO for private customers
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
PBXes PRO for private customers Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi there! I have PBXes for my private phone use. Would love to set up a list of Contact (as in PRO) so it displays as caller ID when someone rings me. As I'm a private customer, though, I have no need for PRO with 5 accounts. Is there any way to subscribe to PRO for only 1 account OR to offer a separate service for only Caller ID contacts?

20.01.2008 08:20 703220 is offline Search for Posts by 703220 Add 703220 to your Buddy List
bob

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

So what you want is when someone calls using a caller id, you will get a name or other info on your screen ?

I know from some years ago there were isdn solutions that would register incoming calls, look in a database and dispay the name.

www.phoner.de does what you want. You can register a sip address = pbxes extension. whenever there is a call a widow pops up showing caller id and within phoner you can setup a database to display a name. You can go to the log and check an incoming number and register that into your phoneboob with a name.

You can use phoner to receive the call or just take another hardware sip phone for this.

There is a logbook that logs all incoming calls.
You can have an answering machine.
Just play around and see what it does, and yes its freeware.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 20.01.2008 at 13:24.

20.01.2008 13:18 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List

PBXes private Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but that's not really what I'm looking for. I went with PBXes in my home for three reasons. First, let's face it - it's got UNBEATABLE functionality. There's tons of great features which place Asterix capabilities at the hands of those with a) no dedicated server of their own and b) with no in-depth knowledge of Asterix (great user interface!). Second, I live now in Denmark, but I'm from the US originally. I also lived in Switzerland and Germany, so I have four incoming DID's so family and friends can reach me. Finally, I don't like using my laptop for VOIPing; I've got multiple IP phones at home which are sooo much better. LOVE the options PBXes gives me.

With this is mind, I'm more than wiling to pay for a Premium account monthly and am NOT looking for an alternative to PBXes Premium. Don't want freeware or the like - only want PBXES.

BUT, I'm simply wondering if there is a "streamlined" version of PBXes PRO which allows users to create a list of contacts so names display when people call instead of simply two lines of phone numbers.

Hope this helps and am looking forward to the replies.

20.01.2008 16:02 703220 is offline Search for Posts by 703220 Add 703220 to your Buddy List
bob

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The only one to give you an answer is IP tel. But as your read other threads the minimum for pro seems to be 5 users.

Although when going to the main page and reading info on the pro it no where mentions this minimum.
That said when reading the forum there are more misunderstandings between users and pbxes and the info given is not always very clear.

21.01.2008 12:04 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: PBXes PRO for private customers Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

If you just need this feature you can sign up for the free trial of PBXes PRO. During the trail period add the contacts that you wish to automatically show up as Caller IDs. After cancellation of PBXes PRO the feature still remains active even for Free Accounts.

22.01.2008 20:06 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: PBXes PRO for private customers Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The phone book of PBXes PRO is now available on Premium Accounts.

08.09.2008 22:52 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
baz

RE: PBXes PRO for private customers Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p-tel
The phone book of PBXes PRO is now available on Premium Accounts.

Sorry to bump this two year old thread... Could you explain the differences between the Pro phone book and the premium one,. In the features list it says "caller ID announce current location". I don't know what that means!

Basically, what I'm after is adding a phone number and giving it a name to a screen on pbxes.com. When that number calls me, my phone then displays the name of the caller. Will premium do that?

Thanks

21.05.2010 16:17 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: