PBXes » English » Providers » RE: Voicetrading - Caller ID not always sent
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tel

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
wütend Caller ID not always sent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

For the last 2 weeks I have noticed a problem with caller ID not being sent out every time. Prior to 8 July it was 100% ok, but from that date onwards maybe 5% of calls on the main trunk are missing it. Seems random in nature, maybe 20 ok then 1 missing (although it can miss 3 or 4 in succession). I can see no common feature or logic to it, different extensions, different called numbers, different times of day.
Is there any way to check if caller ID was actually sent, other than comparing with the sip providers (voicetrading) CDRs ?

Ron

24.07.2008 12:51 telagente01 is offline Search for Posts by telagente01 Add telagente01 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Voicetrading - Caller ID not always sent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

If the CallerID is set on the Extensions it can be verified in the Call Monitor. If it is set on the Trunk, it can't be verified as far as I know.

24.07.2008 16:05 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
bob

RE: Voicetrading - Caller ID not always sent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

voicetrading lets you set any caller id.

Create a voicetrading trunk to make calls

at username fill in the caller id number
at password fill in the password:username dont't forget the : btweeen password and username.

I have created 4 or 5 trunks using different caller id.

By prefix, for example 81 I use the trunk with dutch caller id.
82 will use another trunk using my mobile phone as caller id.

This works perfect all the time.

24.07.2008 16:31 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
tel

Yes, that is exactly how it is setup, it worked perfectly until earlier this month. My voicetrading CDRs now show some missing caller IDs, with no logic to it.
I wanted to see if there is any record of caller ID actually going out to voicetrading as it is very difficult to get it checked at their end (no response to my query).
If this is not a known problem then I might have to resort to deleting and recreating extensions, trunks and routes to see if that makes any difference (not something I like to do).
Ron

24.07.2008 16:44 telagente01 is offline Search for Posts by telagente01 Add telagente01 to your Buddy List
bob

delete and install again might do.

I use the same setup day in day out using different caller id's and did not have a problem so far.

I checked them by calling some of my own did numbers and also my 2 cellphone numbers, no problems.

24.07.2008 19:11 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
tel

Thats the problem really, maybe 20 calls go through correctly with caller ID then suddenly 1 or 2 have caller ID missing, then its ok for another 10 calls and so on.
There sems no reason or logic to it.

24.07.2008 22:39 telagente01 is offline Search for Posts by telagente01 Add telagente01 to your Buddy List
dor

Ask voicetrading to send you logs of those calls so you see what exactly came from PBXes - this way you can ask support more specific questions.

25.07.2008 03:54 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
tel

As of 31st July my call records are again working correctly. I have had no response from Voicetrading so I have no idea of what caused it or what fixed it !!
Regards

06.08.2008 20:58 telagente01 is offline Search for Posts by telagente01 Add telagente01 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: