PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: IAX Trunk
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mes

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Daumen hoch! IAX Trunk Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would like to ask PBXes to give a way to users add IAX Trunks.

We know that IAX has more quality voice than SIP protocol.

The IAX protocol is used by the Asterisk as an alternative to SIP and H.323.

IAX were updated to IAX² that uses a single UDP port 4569, and thus works well in NAT environments.

It means that IAX² uses ONLY one UDP port for both control and data traffic, and it provides more quality voice.

IAX² supports PKI-style authentication and trunking, and IAX trunking allows multiple voice streams to share a single "trunk" to another server, reducing overhead created by IP packets.

IAX always sends DTMF outline (RFC2833), eliminating the confusion often found with SIP.

One more advantage of IAX² over SIP is the IAX² jitterbuffer. This tends to improve the audio quality noticeably over non-ideal links like ADSL.

Nowadays, more and more Voip's providers are using the IAX² protocol, as alternative to SIP, and that's why I give this idea to PBXes to allow us to configure IAX² trunks.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by mes on 01.09.2008 at 10:01.

01.09.2008 09:46 mesa is offline Search for Posts by mesa Add mesa to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: IAX Trunk Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=91

01.09.2008 20:52 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to: