PBXes » English » Bugs »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
PBX not working ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Since today I am not able to login to my account anymore and I can register any phones to the service.

The webiste www1 www2 some can't even be reached and other do work. Some work for a few minutes and others not

when not logged in one can't see the forum and post problems like this. I tried to login and for some reason I am now able to post on the forum but still can't see my account.

No where is there any page showing if there are any problems so as a customers I am left in the dark.

There used to be a phone number to contact ip-tel but now everything has to go through the site. In cases of problems or to report a problem there should be some way to communicate this, tel would be nice when the site is down, or forum difficult to reach.

Also a simple message on the website saying there is a problem we are working on it.

I like pbxes very much and am a great fan of it and i completely use it for my telephone system. But when down and no way to communicate this, it makes me think.

Please solve the problem and find a way to communicate better to your customers

update accroding to the system log at 10:39 there are no more entries in the log and at 13:44 there is the next log. 3 hours offline.

My webhosting provider for example has a page showing problems of the server and also the reason for problems. Can pbx do something simular so we understand what problems there were ?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 01.05.2008 at 14:59.

01.05.2008 13:49 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: PBX not working ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Reason for your problem connecting was a problem with www5 where your account is hosted. Because it was not detected by our automatic monitoring system there was no email notification and immediate failover of your Premium Account. It was later detected by the manual monitoring procedures.

PBXes is currently based on servers in 6 completely independent datacenters in different locations. So in such a case the remaining 5 datacenters can still be reached. We believe the forum is the best place to lookup in case of problems. No matter in which timezone you are you can always find other people there to clear up an issue.

Because the main page redirects to the datacenter hosting your account you could not open it. We are now displaying the right URL for the forum in case of redirection problems. Thanks for your report!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 01.05.2008 at 23:07.

01.05.2008 22:01 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

please confirm.

If I understood you right, if I open the forum in say www3 is would not redirect me to www5 where my account is located ? So whenever there is a problem in 1 server i could still open the forum and report a problem.

Iám curious to know why the automatic monitoring system did not work, did you find a reason for it.

02.05.2008 10:20 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: PBX not working ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, you can access the forum on all machines.

The automatic monitoring concentrates on hardware & network faults. This was a software problem.

02.05.2008 13:05 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

seemed to have the same problems today. Just wanted to make a call, did not work.
checked by calling one off my numbers, did not even answer at all.
I could login to the account and lines were logged on but incoming just did not work nor outgoing

In a few days time this is the second time there is a problem. I don't know if this has something to do with the paris server.

I moved back to nürnberg and hope this will solve the problems.

The forum now indeed does work and is server independent, which is great when one server is down.

04.05.2008 21:13 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: