PBXes » English » Feature Requests »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mar

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Distinctive Ring Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Support for Distinctive ring might be a nice freeature to have especially for those who have DIDs from multiple countries. It is always nice to know what language to answer the phone in so you do not scare off prospective new clients.

I know that distinctive ring is implemented differently on some devices, however the most common seems to be the method that Sipura uses.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by mar on 19.02.2006 at 06:54.

19.02.2006 06:48 markosjal is offline Search for Posts by markosjal Add markosjal to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Distinctive Ring Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

What you can do is send the international calls to different queues and enable agent announcements. So when you pick up the phone you will hear an announcement telling where the call is from.

Another solution is the CID name prefix of the ring groups. So you can display the name of the country where the call is from.

Regards,
Pascal

19.02.2006 13:45 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
cyb
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.07.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Following on from my thread in 'Advanced Features' which has been closed...

I tried setting up a new ring group and set a caller ID prefix of "Private:" without the quotes but it doesn't work. The phone just displays the incoming number and not the word Private before the number. I've tried on two different phones.

Is this feature hone specific or have I set some up incorrectly?

05.09.2006 09:44 cyberdude is offline Search for Posts by cyberdude Add cyberdude to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 13.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The prefix you speak of is a Name prefix, not a number Prefix.

I think there are some ATAs and hard phones that do not display names, namely PA1688 based.

10.11.2006 07:53 supernettel3 is offline Search for Posts by supernettel3 Add supernettel3 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: