PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
fre
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 27.05.2006

voice codec nokia e60 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi

I,am using your service with my Nokia e60 for a while.
It's great, although it drops connection quite often. Is there a solution?

Furthermore I was wondering what codec you use for the Nokia's?
The voice quality is O.K. but there is some hissing in the background. Can one set Codec priority in the Phone ?

Regards
Fred

13.07.2006 23:55 fredvasse is offline Search for Posts by fredvasse Add fredvasse to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: voice codec nokia e60 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The Nokias use G.711 (uncompressed) with PBXes. Regarding connection drops see http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?postid=1997

14.07.2006 00:33 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
fre
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks

Is that G.711 A-law or U-law?

Regarding the connection drops, i meant dropping the phoneconnection.
I sit besides my wireless basestation when this happens, so no problem with loosing WLAN.

Although there is also a problem with the nokia regarding reconnecting after a lost WLAN coverage. When i walk back into the WLAN coverage the phone does not reconnect to PBXes automatic. I have to go in the sip settings and switch settings between 'registration when needed' and 'registration always on' to force registration. Very annoying...

Fred

14.07.2006 11:48 fredvasse is offline Search for Posts by fredvasse Add fredvasse to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: voice codec nokia e60 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It's G.711 A-law. Does the connection drop during a call or in standby? How long does it stay online? Concerning automatic reconnect please see http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=543

14.07.2006 12:59 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
fre
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well sometimes only a few minutes, sometimes not.
I read somewhere that putting the IP number in the proxysettings could help because of bad DNS client in the E60. I will try...

But another problem is that the phone not rings when i dial my PBX extension.
I dial my username-extensionnumber@i-p-tel.com from a Gizmo account but after a few rings the Gizmo client hangs up and there is no entry in the log that someone tried to call my extension...

Fred

14.07.2006 13:40 fredvasse is offline Search for Posts by fredvasse Add fredvasse to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Fred, the error in your config is you changed the default "fredvasse-200" to "fredvasse200" in extension 200.

14.07.2006 15:06 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
fre
Grünschnabel

Thanks, it's working now.
Your support is great!

But it's funny, I have read some posts on some forum about setting up your service with the e60 and they state that one should not use the minus sign between the username and extensionnumber in the extension...

Anyhow, it works now,
Now I need to go to the next step and try to get my local landline into your service from my own sip server. Hope you can help me out if i,am stuck again...

Fred

14.07.2006 16:09 fredvasse is offline Search for Posts by fredvasse Add fredvasse to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: