PBXes » English » Feature Requests »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dub

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Numberic Alias Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Some services such as didww.com have a quirk in their software that only allows SIP URI forwarding to sip addresses that have phone numbers, e.g. 12125551212@sip.voipprovider.com. I've heard that Voxbone operates the same way.

It would be nice if we could create an alias to our extensions in that format when needed. As it is, I'm doing something like creating an FWD account, SIP forwarding to it, and registering FWD as a trunk. It is just one more hop for a call and one more place for somethig to go wrong.

What I'd like to be able to see is a limited number of aliases, so I can define something like to map 12345678@pbxes.com to map to dubaistu-1111@pbxes.com.

09.07.2006 06:34 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

dubaistu, that's an excellent idea.

Pascal is it easyfor such a mapping to be created?

09.07.2006 14:39 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have a number of DIDWW DIDs pointed to addresses such as USERNAME-200@pbxes.com , and they work fine. I have seen no quirk there.

19.07.2006 06:47 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: