PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ria

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
E60 and F1000 dropping registration and will not reconnect Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

I am having problems with my E60 (and my Starcom F1000 before that).

The problem is, both devices lose registration and then will not reregister until turned off and on again. I have read somewhere that the E60 has a problem and it can be rectified by changing the sip settings and back again. sometimes this works until the next time. I am thinking that the problem might be with something else seen as two completely different devices have the same problem and this problem does not exist when connected directly to sipgate. (well at least that is the case with the F1000 , I havent tried it on the E60) as soon as I started to try out pbxes, the problem arose.

Can anyone help?

Thanks In advance

09.07.2006 00:20 rianscott is offline Search for Posts by rianscott Add rianscott to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: E60 and F1000 dropping registration and will not reconnect Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I can only speak for the E60 because I have not had my hands on an F1000 yet. With PBXes a loss of WLAN coverage should be detected ealier because it re-register more often (if the connectioncheck option is enabled). When WLAN is okay (more than 50% on the E60) it stays connected for at least days.

EDIT: Unfortunately the E60 does not reconnect automatically when WLAN quality gets better again. It only does after WLAN was totally unavailable.

EDIT2: The problems have gone. With the firmware update of August 31, the E60 keeps registration on medium WLANs and automatically reconnects when moving from bad to medium or good coverage.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 12.10.2006 at 13:20.

10.07.2006 15:20 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
kle

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

May I ask you to post you F1000 configuration on this forum to test configuration on my unit?
And also if you can check firmware version of the f1000?

Regards

Richard

13.07.2006 12:02 klein is offline Search for Posts by klein Add klein to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This may not have to do with mobile issues at all. I have seen similar things happen with wired devices. Iwould bet that if you changed the SIP port the server would then accept the re registration

31.07.2006 21:09 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
ria

what do you mean, change the sip port? rather than use 5060? say use 5065 and forward the port to 5060 in the router? if this is what you mean then I'll give it a try cause I am just about sick of looking at my e60 and f1000 just to see neither is connected (and yes it's the same at work on the wlan there and only the e60 using it so both using the same port at home may be a problem but not the only problem seen as the e60 is the only one using that port at work) I have sort of solved the e60 problem by using smartroaming because it does reconnect again whenever it drops the connection (which at present is about 30 times a day and without smartroaming that means I have to go into sip settings every 15 to 20 minutes to activate it again)

another thing that has crossed my mind is both locations are using a linksys wrt54g wireless router, both with different firmware but may be a common factor

any advice will be tried and tested

Thanks in advance

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ria on 01.08.2006 at 00:21.

01.08.2006 00:17 rianscott is offline Search for Posts by rianscott Add rianscott to your Buddy List
dub

I've heard that the registration works better if you turn off stateful inspection on your router. For obvious reasons, I am very hesitant to do this.

04.09.2006 06:28 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

What I meant by changing SIP port is cchanging the local SIP port from 5060 to 5065 for instance. No need to change anything on the router.

03.10.2006 08:40 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: