PBXes » English » Feature Requests »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dub

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
72 Hour Grace Period on Deactivations??? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Pascal,

Could you please consider changing your policy on premium account deactivations. I’ve been an early beta tester. I signed up immediately for your premium service. On 1 July, I received a notification that my paypal payment had bounced. I logged on to paypal and updated my credit card because it had expired THAT day. Paypal cancelled my subscription. I e-mailed you, told you it was a mistake, and request you send me a new invoice. Instead, you deactivated my premium account which means that I will have to rebuild IVRs, and rerecord messages.

Would you please consider a small grace period in such situations. Since you don’t sell VOIP, your loss in this situation would be neglible. Even if 100 hundred IVRed calls came in, you would not lose anything. Conversely, many of us are using your service for business accounts. They small hiccups make us look bad to customers, bosses, etc. A 72 hour warning letter would give us a chance to fix things if the paypal issue was a mistake.

Stu

PS: Any chance of reactivating my old settings and save me several hours of work?

03.07.2006 09:42 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: 72 Hour Grace Period on Deactivations??? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Dear Stu,

sorry for the problems with your premium account. I got your email (9pm our time) 6 hours after paypal submitted cancellation (3pm).

In future we will wait at least 24 hours before deactivation.

The last backup of your account was on June 28 00:01. Please give me note if you want me to restore this. Additionally I have made a refund for one month to compensate for the trouble.

Thanks,
Pascal

03.07.2006 12:40 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dub

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the offer. Please restore the backup. The changes I've made aren't a big deal. Get the other person to rerecord the IVR would be bigger hassle.

03.07.2006 13:05 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: 72 Hour Grace Period on Deactivations??? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

OK, done.

03.07.2006 13:26 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I agree with Dubaistu.I had an account that got cancelled when the payment for IVRs went into effect. There was no grace period.

I think 24 hours is very little given the international nature of the internet. Also, I would hat to see my account cancelled one day just because I was at the beach and not answering emails!

I accept a lot of subscription payments, and here is how I handle it.

First payment not made for some reason.. OK could be a mistake someone forgot that amont was being billed to their card through PayPal.

Second Payment fails ( I think about three days later) Service suspended

Third Paymenht failsl, account closed.

Of course on the PBX this needs to be applied somewhat differently.

On an additional PayPal related note. I must ALWAYS pay with my credit card despite funds in my paypal account. I think this is in your paypal account configuration that is causing this. Accepting payments via credit card or debit card is far more dangerous as there a chargeback risk. I can not make a chargeback when I pay you from funds in my PayPal account

04.07.2006 01:15 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

24 hours on our side should be enough because Paypal waits at least 3 days before it reports failure to us. The reason why Stu got an ealier cancellation was his interaction with the system. So don't worry at the beaches!

Paypal takes subscription payments from local funds when available. Entering a credit card is required by Paypal just in case you run out of local funds. According to their customer support this is a general policy.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 07.06.2007 at 22:12.

04.07.2006 12:21 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

I have several subscriptions that I pay and receive that come from PayPal funds.

Of course, your country may be different.

04.07.2006 20:38 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: