PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: Problem with the extension login
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mag

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Problem with the extension login Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm new to the Voip "universe" and i hope you can help me solve my problem.

I live in an university dormitory where every room has a phone. They are normaly used as PSTN phones. When i started asking the network administrators about the possibility of instaling an ATA adapter (i wanted an extra IP) they said that i could be the "betatester" for the Voip-service on our phones. That's excelent because i don't have to buy an extra adapter. So i gave them the details of my PBX extension to log it directly to the phone in my room. I think it was a month without any problem. I could receive and make calls perfectly. One day without any reason i realised that it wasn't working anymore and on the status page of pbx the extension was grey. I started the softphone on my computer to check the account but everything was working as normal. I called the network-administrator and he confirmed that the phone was logged out. He tried manualy to log it and that was succesful. Two weeks later (on the 14.06) after returnig from a holiday-week the phone was not working. Again i called to fix it but this time already the second day it wasn't working. Since than i'm using my softphone (eyebeam) to log in to PBX. The administrator has no ideea why the system looses the connection with PBX. can you see the logs? My ip is XXX.XXX.XXX.188 so i'm interested what happend to the connection from the other ip(server)!? I don't know how they connect but maybe you can see that!

Thanks,

Alex

p.s. sorry for the long post!

22.06.2006 19:32 magdoiu is offline Search for Posts by magdoiu Add magdoiu to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Fragezeichen RE: Problem with the extension login Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

What kind of ATA are you using? Do you have any logs from your end?

23.06.2006 00:25 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: