PBXes » English » Providers »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jle

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
incomming calls via SIP Broker PSTN Gateway Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi We tried to call an extention via SIPbrokers www.sipbroker.com PSTN gateway and we get a busy tone. As if PBXes is not accepting the incomming call.

however calls can be received if we call via an open sip provider for example: sipagate.com or musimi.dk (both work) and if this is is a trunk configured on the incomming trunk route. In this case the call will ring as Sipbroker will route the call to sipagate.com server and they to pbxes.org

But if we configure sipbroker.com to dial directly to pbxes.org it does not work

Perhaps the administrator can investigate as www.sipbroker.com is a wonderful free tool to get local access number and dial any sip system in the world for the cost of a local call

A ticket has been opened at: http://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=510

Thanks

15.06.2006 19:00 jle is offline Search for Posts by jle Add jle to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am not sure I fully understand what the problem is here, but as I am very much aware of SIPBroker, and PBXes, (aka I-P-Tel.com), let me try to clarify some things

Any user of the PBX that wants to accept inbounds may theoretically do so.

As all accounts have non numeric characters on the PBX, they must specifically create a numeric only inbound route or use an existing inbound route (for calls from a SIPBroker PSTN Number). Lets just say for instance that one of My SIP trunks on the PBX is registering to account number 123456 on Freeworlddialup. Now I can establish an inbound route on the PBX for calls coming into that account from FWD. I may chose the destination for those calls. So now if a user connected to an open SIP proxy dialing the URL diales 123456@217.195.32.11 they will reach that same destination defined for incoming calls from FWD.

Users may also theoretically create a phantom route ANYTHING@217.195.32.11 to carry those calls, however I believe there are some issues with this on the PBX, although it SHOULD work with any trunk that is actually registering to an external server, as in the case of FWD example above.

From my experience, simply dialing ACCOUNTNAME-EXT@217.195.32.11 will probably NOT get you anywhere unless an inbound route has been defined.

I have set up quite a few PBXes for many folks and on each , I have set up either an FWD and SIPPhone trunk, or both, and each of those has an inbound route so any user can call them trough SIPPHone or FWD or via SIPPHONENUMBER@217.195.32.11 or FWDNUMBER@217.195.32.11

Mark
www.Supernettel.com

18.06.2006 16:38 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
sch

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
I tried the same, and generally it works as described for dialing from any softphone or ATA. Even the 'phantom' version with totally virtual numeric linename in incomingroute (without starting 'accountname-' , what will happen if it is not unambiguous?)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
update:
after not using it for approx. 2h the plain number trunk uri stopps working (does not even show in the log). The accountname@217.195.32.1 uri still works. After this connection, the numeric only trunk (actively registered to a voip-provider) uri starts working again. Somehow this 'initial' call temporarily registers the calling device for the specific account. Most probably that is why sipbroker doesn't work too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUT I could not get it to work with the SipbrokerPSTN gateway codes (*7611 pbxes.org or *7515 pbx.i-p-tel.com)

I had to config an voxalot account and register it as trunk, now I am able to use the Sipbroker PSTN gateway.

schufti

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by sch on 06.09.2006 at 21:36.

05.09.2006 17:01 schufti is offline Search for Posts by schufti Add schufti to your Buddy List
die

Hello,

I am having problems trying to receive inbound calls from sipbroker.

I have tried almost everything (I have spent the last 5 days trying) unglücklich

I set up an account with voxalot, if a register with my ATA there, it works fine. Then when I make pbxes to register with voxalot nothing happens and I only get the busy message.

Do I have to forward the calls from voxalot to pbxes?
I also tried creating numeric trunks and inbound routes and then calling directly with a sip provider but it didn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

28.09.2006 06:13 dielugi is offline Search for Posts by dielugi Add dielugi to your Buddy List
die

Hello,

Any ideas on my previous post?
I haven't been able to make it work.

Thanks,

Diego

04.10.2006 02:03 dielugi is offline Search for Posts by dielugi Add dielugi to your Buddy List
sea

Zitat:
Originally posted by dielugi
Hello,

Any ideas on my previous post?
I haven't been able to make it work.

Thanks,
Diego

I have been checking for the last couple of days... As of this moment, I can
reach my pbxes via SIP Broker PSTN Gateway. I sincerely hope that it will remain this way

04.10.2006 06:26 seattle is offline Search for Posts by seattle Add seattle to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: