PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Problem on Inbound Call Routing
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dub

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Problem on Inbound Call Routing Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have had a problem routing some of my inbound calls to the call director. Some trunks route fine, other seems to take the default path (to my home number) whatever I do. [Pascal, if you are peeking at my account it its the Voicepulse account that I am talking about.]

Has anyone else had this problem.

22.05.2006 11:02 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have seen very strange behavior on some DIDs. For instance, I have a client using the PBX here and he had purchased some DIDs from Voxbone. One was Tokyo Japan. We did Voxbone routing, which directed it to 813XXXXXXX@217.195.32.11

then we established inbound routing from 813XXXXXXX to the IVR destination and no go! We addwed a trunk, still no go, in fact the only thing that worked on this DID , unlike other s that went so easily was to send it to ACCOUNT-EXT@217.195.32.11 and create a trunk and inbound route.

In another case, with a different DID provider, I attempted the ACCOUNT-EXT@217.195.32.11 method used above and it would not work only routing by DID such as 813XXXXXXX !

As I posted here in another thread, I gave up my Toronto VBuzzer DID as it was being answered by someone in Italy. I think that person was a user of Vbuzzer and this server from what little I could communicate with him.

go figure

the quirks are part of being on the bleeding edge, wewe just learn how to deal with em!

22.05.2006 11:31 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
dub

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The distance between the "cutting edge" and the "bleeding edge" is razor thin.

23.05.2006 06:16 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Problem on Inbound Call Routing Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We had one German provider (dus.net) that required the SIP username to be used instead of the trunk name in inbound routes. Maybe this helps for Voxbone, Voicepules and Vbuzzer, too?

23.05.2006 10:47 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dub

Wouldn't this mean no connection to the server rather than taking a "wrong turn" once it is on the server?

24.05.2006 07:07 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Problem on Inbound Call Routing Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I was referring to the configuration of the inbound routes (not the trunk configuration). So this would indeed affect which "turn the calls take".

24.05.2006 10:01 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dub

Thanks. It helped.

24.05.2006 17:00 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

I also made a discovery that is worth sharing. I have a registered trunk with plain voip where I also bought a couple of DIDs . The DIDs come in on that same trunk. However the DIDs are individually routable by using the DID number. So even though theu come in on a trunk such as ACCOUNTNAMe, I can individually route them to different destinations as each has its own DNIS, that is the DID number example 18001234567.

As for Vbuzzer that seems hopeless. Thjere is an Italian man somewhere (I believe on this PBX) that is answering my canadian calls!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by sup on 17.08.2006 at 17:21.

26.05.2006 13:07 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

I wanted to post an update to this thread and point out a possible problem. It would be helpful to knmow if others experience similar behaviour.

As in my previous post My plainvoip DIDs were working fine when routed by DID number (as each trunk was named for an inbound DID). This configuration stopped working. I now must route ALL DIDs from plain voip by thje plain voip account name! What this means is that all DIDs must now route to the same destination!

Something has changed for the worse in the PBXes server.

My confing was

Trunks
ACCOUNTNAME (to register to PlainVoip server )
18001234567 DID #1
18001234568 DID#2

inbound routing was
18001234567 DID#1 to extension 200 (for example)
18001234568 DID#2 to extension 201 (for example)

Previous inbound routing is now ignored and creating inbound route as below restored inbounds:
ACCOUNTNAME (from plain voip) to extension 200

Unfortunately with this only remaining working option now all DIDs from PlainVOIP MUST route to the same Destination.

this behaviour began some time in the last week, and probably about 3 or 4 days ago.

On an additional note, Plain VOIP has confirmed previosly that although they use the SIP Registration to determine destination IP , All DIDs arrive with a Unique DNIS. for instance they might send one to 8001234567@217.195.32.11 and another to 8001234568@217.195.32.11

This problem has also began to occur with DIDs from other sources (at least 2 other sources) where I must send them to something that begins with PBXACCOUNTNAME-EXT@217.195.32.11 If I do not send them this way they will not be routed!

In the above examples inbound routing that previosuly worked, no longer works, and this from multiple DID providers!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by sup on 18.06.2006 at 08:12.

18.06.2006 08:03 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

We have not changed anything on this part.

Usually PBXes' inbound routes identify calls by the trunk name. Your provider Plainvoip first used the DID instead. Now it is using the user name. This behaviour of Plainvoip is not 100% SIP compliant.

19.06.2006 12:22 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Both Plain VoIP and Pascal have contended that they have changed nothing, however after posting here and reporting the problem to plain VoIp, DID routing mysteriosly returned as it had been before.

Need I also say clearly that I trust Pascal's word more than Plain VOIPs

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sup on 17.08.2006 at 17:22.

26.06.2006 06:09 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
fra
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.12.2006

That also happens with MyDivert. The DID number is the one identified by the inbound rules.

08.10.2011 17:16 francisaugusto is offline Search for Posts by francisaugusto Add francisaugusto to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: