PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Trunk display and SIP trace
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Trunk display and SIP trace Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Pascal,

I also want to thank you for all the great work you put into this idea, which you made a reality.

Here are two suggestions, which I believe will make it easier to work and troubleshoot the system.

At the status page in the trunk section, an indicator can be added to show the trunk is being used. The indicator can point to the left towards the extensions for incoming calls, and to the right away from the extensions for outgoing calls.

This will allow us to have visual feedback similar to the extensions' display which has a ringing, or off-hook phone during their use.

Something else which I wish I had access to, is a display similar to a packet log. Not necessarily a full packet log with every single packet, but at least the SIP messages which are axchanged between the trunks and their SIP proxies.

This would allow us to troubleshoot the connection between our trunks and the remote SIP proxies, and possibly gather enough information to track down the source of problems. Currently our only recourse is to setup the trunk on an ATA and use a packet sniffer, which does not give us information on the interaction between the trunk and the pbx.

Thanks.

04.05.2006 02:32 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Trunk display and SIP trace Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The trunk display works as requested if the trunk name is identical to the SIP server.

03.08.2006 19:32 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Pascal,

if I have account 55555 @ Fwd.pulver.com as a trunk,
does this mean the trunk name the same as the server name, such as fwd.pulver.com , or the same as the registraiopn to that server 55555?

04.08.2006 05:27 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Trunk display and SIP trace Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the example. In this case the trunk name would be fwd.pulver.com.

04.08.2006 10:17 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: