PBXes » English » Miscellaneous »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Outbound Routing Issues Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I believe there are some issue with outbound routing. As I understand it outbound routes are determined from those in the list from top to bottom (1 = highest priority) , however this is not what I am seeing

I have something like this
Provider A
1234XXX.

Provider B
1235XXX.

Provider C
1XXX.

Unfortunately from my experience when I dial 12345678900

my call in most cases uis routed by provider C when it should be routed by provider A.

I had previously tested outher outbound routes that had worked.

Here is another question on outbound routing.

If I have routing limited to and extension, (assuming the ebove routing example) can I set up provider D that would handle all XXX. calls from extension 200 while Provider E would handle all XXX. calls from provider E, ass uming the E and D trunks were set up that way?

30.04.2006 16:35 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This problem seems to have worsened. I can not seem to dial out on too many of my routes at allo today. I was able to make a couple of calls, but not many. I think there are major issues with outbound routing.

01.05.2006 17:48 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Also after having made some routing changes a couple of hours ago, I can no longer rearrange the outbound routing order.

I believe that PART of my original problem has to do with that I have the same trunk appearing in two different outbound routes. Could this be the case?

01.05.2006 20:33 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: Outbound Routing Issues Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Rearrangement is working again.

It shouldn't matter having a trunk in several routes. Maybe the interworking with the provider is the reason for the problem, not the routing as such.

01.05.2006 21:12 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

I am still looking into this. I thought I had more info, however the problem remains and I can not say difinitively that I can ALWAYS reproduce the symptom

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sup on 04.05.2006 at 22:01.

04.05.2006 21:57 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: