PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: Busy Lamp Field / GXP-2000
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Daumen hoch! Busy Lamp Field / GXP-2000 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

today we have implemented the function "Busy Lamp Field" (BLF). This means that you can use the quick dial LEDs for status of extensions. You can monitor all extensions on your phone. If an extension is busy, the LED for that extension is lit. You can also dial directly to the extension by pressing the dial button. Very handy.

We tested this on a Grandstream GXP-2000. The following options had to be set:

• Reduce Register Expiration to 1 minute. This guarantees BLF to continue working after PBX configuration changes.
  • Set Voice Mail UserID to "*97" to make the MSG button play your voicemail. New messages waiting are indicated by a flashing LED.
We also liked the additional 4 line keys with LEDs showing calls waiting. It makes it very easy to put on hold, transfer, conference and the best: the LEDs indicate how many callers are queued at the moment.

Best regards,
Pascal

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 30.05.2006 at 15:27.

10.04.2006 23:17 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am programming one of these units for a new PBX and since I am doing it remotely, I can not see what is happening and need to know some things.

In the Grandstream Set up, there is the option for Name and User ID . I would assume the Name field is what is displayed on the phone , while the UserID should be set to the extension number such as 200 or should it be set to PBXName-200 ?

Any help appreciated!

01.10.2006 09:50 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Busy Lamp Field / GXP-2000 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I don't have the phones here either. As I remember for setting up the BLF you enter the extension numbers w/o the account name in front of them.

Due to recent changes to the PBX system extensions with BLF need to be resaved (w/o changes) to make the LEDs working again.

If you have problems with loosing registration check especially all BLF settings in the phone. Having invalid extensions set to BLF keys can make the phone unregister after a few minutes.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 26.12.2006 at 15:01.

01.11.2006 18:01 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dui

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Daumen hoch! RE: Busy Lamp Field / GXP-2000 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Works fine here:

Product Model: GXP2000 (HW0.4)
Software Version: Program-- 1.1.6.16 Bootloader-- 1.1.6.5

On the BASIC tab:

Multi Purpose Key 1:
- Key Mode: Busy Lamp Field (BLF)
- Account: Select the account (tab) which is logged on to the same PBX-es pbx.
- Name: anything you like e.g. "Marc DECT"
- UserID: the extention, without "USERNAME-"

The light is on when:
- the extention is busy
- the extention is not logged on
The light blinks when:
- the extention is being called. (rings)

Pressing the button near that light calls that extention.

29.08.2008 11:35 duikerict is offline Search for Posts by duikerict Add duikerict to your Buddy List
mob

RE: Busy Lamp Field / GXP-2000 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm using a Yealink SIP-T28P IP handset and this handset also gives the option to answer the extension if it is flashing - but in order for this feature to work it asks for the "Pickup Number" - does anyone know what this is for PBXes?

19.09.2010 02:15 mobiletelecom is offline Search for Posts by mobiletelecom Add mobiletelecom to your Buddy List
ffi

What type of account do you need to get BLF to work.

I have tried to use a SOHO account, With a SNOM 360 and Yealink T28P with no luck.

I have a couple of customers that I want to switch from there ISDN exchange they have now to a system using PBXES but no BLF would be a deal breaker. I wanted to use a couple of pbxes premium accounts for each customers. They will have about 7 extensions each.

If they want BLF do they need a PRO account ?

07.10.2014 22:48 ffimon is offline Search for Posts by ffimon Add ffimon to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: