PBXes » English » Miscellaneous »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

No audio Classic Extension or SIP URI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have an account set up and I can npot seem to pass audio from I-P-Tel server to a SER.

I have a trunk set up to the SER. IPTEL registers fine. I have established a classic extension via this trunk

I also Set up a SIP Extension that simply forwards to a URI on the SER such as SIP/account@ipaddress. The SER then forwards to a PSTN number

Whether I dial from a UA directly to the destination number or through either of the above extensions, whether classic or SIP, there is no audio. In some instance s I hear a ring back. All cases the SER logs show the call was connected. There is no firewall on the SER.

It appears , somehow the two are not effectively negotiating media ports??

I have tried audio bypass on and off on both the extension as well as the trunk

I have this same server set up on a trunk opn a separate account. Last I tested , it was working. I will post here the results of the tests on the other account.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sup on 05.04.2006 at 05:25.

05.04.2006 05:19 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes it appears that the IPtel server is not passing audio to and from the SER, however I have tested with other trunks, and it works fine. The odd part is i can dial out to the trunk from an extension and connect fine. The problem appears to be when sending to a SIP URI or a classix extension

Alternate trunks tested fine, but not my SER based trunk!

07.04.2006 09:24 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: No audio Classic Extension or SIP URI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Mark,

what a strange case that you have discovered. Please try again after resaving your extension. I have improved dialing classical extensions.

Thanks,
Pascal

08.04.2006 01:20 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
efr

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It did NOT do the trick, and I am at a loss for tricks on my end.

Mark
(supernettel)

08.04.2006 06:45 efrat is offline Search for Posts by efrat Add efrat to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: