PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
efr

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Forking to 2 hunt groups Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Is there are way to fork to two hunt groups from incoming DID? I need have two identical hunt groups that need to ring simultaneously in two different locations.

201-->202
301-->302

Incoming DID rings both 201 and 301. If 201 is busy, call hunts to 202. Same for 301 hunting to 302.

04.04.2006 23:01 efrat is offline Search for Posts by efrat Add efrat to your Buddy List
SIP

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I don't know why you need all this complecation?!!!
any way why don't you try the hunt under ring group.
I think you can make a ring group (main) then make 2 other groups (201 and 301) then add extentions under which you will make extentions 202 and 302
then go to group (main) and configure it to ring groups 201 and 301 useing the hunt facility.
i think if a group will be able to ring group then you would have no problem. but disable vm on every extention.
otherwise you might need to creat an other account on iptel and ask your main group to ring the sipaccount. and follow the easy way.

forsure if the guys from ipetel would add your request it would be better as i can't see other way to configure it.
yet my question will be!!! do you really need all that?!!!

05.04.2006 14:37 SIP is offline Search for Posts by SIP Add SIP to your Buddy List
efr

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks. I will try as you suggest. I am trying to create two identical offices on different sides of the world that work exactly the same way.

05.04.2006 21:55 efrat is offline Search for Posts by efrat Add efrat to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

I also have a way I can split that DID up! in other words I can make two calls come into the IP tel server (from the same single call). One you can route to destination A group , and the other to destination B group.

He who answers first gets the call.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by sup on 06.04.2006 at 07:58.

06.04.2006 07:54 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

I have been ttrying to get this together for Efrat, unfortunately it is not going very well.

Forking... I took a DID and forked to ring two simultaneous destinations which does work with standard User agents. Normally the UA that answers the call first gets the call. It does not work in conjunction with ring groups on this server.

Ring groups other than Ring All do not work. Once a ring all group is changed to hunt or memory hunt, it normally will not work again. It must be deleted along with oinbound routing , and all must be recreated again.

As for the suggestion here of making a main ring group, and two sub ring groups, that will not work either, as you can not define a ring group as part of a ring group , only extensions.

What we are trying to achieve is:

201 and 202 are in country A

301 and 302 are in country B

201 and 301 should ring at the same time.

302 and 202 shold ring at the same time. (preferrably if 301/201 are busy)

Unfortunately I am preparing to give up as I am having too much trouble with just getting the hunt groups to work correctly, let alone some of the limitationsthat they have. Roll over is what is preferred so if 201 is busy 202 will ring. Under the current scenario, I believe if 201 were busy 301 would ring and nobody would have the opportunity to answer where 201 and 202 are located. I see no way around this

09.04.2006 04:14 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
efr

Does this mean that we can create only 1 ring group to ringall 201 and 301 and to the hunting in the hardware using the busy call forward feature found in the hardware?

09.04.2006 06:56 efrat is offline Search for Posts by efrat Add efrat to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

busy call forward on the sipura will not work once the call is forked (same call sent in on 2 trunks, he who answers first gets the call) . I think tghere is a message probably coming from the server that somehow tels the trunk's server that teh call is being redirected (or answered????) .

It is hard to say as I know that Pascal has been very quick to resolve many issues once they are identified. All we can do is hope that this one will be resolved promptly.

09.04.2006 08:57 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Forking to 2 hunt groups Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Two ideas:

• Why do you think that ring groups cannot be part of another ring group? Ring groups can be called by their group number. So it would be possible to put ring group numbers into the extension list of another ring group.
  • Instead of the busy call forward feature found in your Sipura have you tried to do the hunting by the PBX´s call forwarding on busy feature (*90<destination> )?
Best regards,
Pascal

09.04.2006 13:07 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
efr

We ended up using the *90 busy call forward to make our roll over trunks. Works great.

08.05.2006 18:57 efrat is offline Search for Posts by efrat Add efrat to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: