PBXes » English » Miscellaneous »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
eba

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Can't reach PBX Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I set up my truck with my sip providers setings. When I check status it shows it's greyed out for the status. Now when I call the the DID to call in the PBX does not pick up. I't says I reached a non-working number. Now when I delete the trunk and try my sip provider with a softphone the Dial in number works just fine.....My understanding is that when the status shows grey it is connected.

Can someone help here?

01.04.2006 22:35 ebaca is offline Search for Posts by ebaca Add ebaca to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: Can't reach PBX Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Greyed out in the status display means unregistered i.e. there must be some error in your trunk configuration.

I have added an English help file to explain the functions within the status display.

Best regards,
Pascal

01.04.2006 23:04 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
eba

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

OK, I changed the IP SIP proxy on my SIP settings to reflect the port. It's not greyed out anymore and is green. Still same problem.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by eba on 02.04.2006 at 00:55.

02.04.2006 00:40 ebaca is offline Search for Posts by ebaca Add ebaca to your Buddy List
eba

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ok maybe if I try to explain what I'm trying to do maybe that will help. I want to use the PBX sort of as a follow me system. I have two SIP providers. One with a DID number and one that I pay for unlimited outgoing. What I want to do is enable a caller to dial my DID number and get a voice menu list of extentions, example office, cell, etc. Now depending on which extention they choose it will forward the call using my second SIP provider thru that trunk. I have not set up the outgoing trunk yet but this is what i have done so far. Maybe I need to do it another way.

1. I set up a clasic extention for each destination with that PTSN phone number.
2. I set up an incoming trunk with my SIP settings.
3. I set up an assitant menu for each menu otion I have it go to that extention.
4. I set up incoming calls to go to assistant.
5. I set outgoing rules to dial using incoming SIP trunk for now.

Now this is what happens. I see the status with a green bubble on all the classic extentions. The status on my trunk has changed and has a green bubble. When I call the DID number I get a number not working error.

Now here is the question....Whould it be better to use ring groups instead of extentions? If I am way off here, any suggestions on getting my goal to work? This seems like the solution to letting me give a person one phone number then letting them choose where to foward the number to. It will also give my company that coorprate look. Maybe you could offer suggestions on a solution....

02.04.2006 01:24 ebaca is offline Search for Posts by ebaca Add ebaca to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: