PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups » RE: Greeting message in MP3
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
vir

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Greeting message in MP3 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I wonder if you someone has managed to record its own greeting messages in MP3 and copy them to the PBX?

BTW, Which messages cannot be customized?

24.03.2006 21:25 virtualorbis is offline Search for Posts by virtualorbis Add virtualorbis to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Text RE: Greeting message in MP3 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Greeting messages are not designed to be uploaded in MP3 format. MP3 is for music on hold. Announcements for queues and digital receptionists may be uploaded in WAV format. Voicemail greetings can be changed by voice recording.

Pascal

24.03.2006 21:48 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
vir

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Do they should be uploaded at any specific sampling rate?

29.03.2006 16:34 virtualorbis is offline Search for Posts by virtualorbis Add virtualorbis to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Text File Fomat Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Only WAV files need to have certain parameters:
* 8000 Samples per second
* Mono
* 16-Bit

(I am using Goldwave to edit sound files and convert them.)
MP3s may be at any sampling rate.

Best regards,
Pascal

29.03.2006 22:36 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
isl
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.05.2006

Low audio playback volume Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have uploaded MP3 file but having problem with the audio volume. It is playing very low. Is there any way to adust the audio playback volume?

24.09.2006 19:15 islandus is offline Search for Posts by islandus Add islandus to your Buddy List
hri

RE: Greeting message in MP3 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I just tried converting into wav using goldwave (PCM signed, 16 bits, 8000Hz, 128 kbps, mono) but the recording still doesn't work. Anyone know any other audio software that they use to convert (that works with pbxes)?

04.11.2008 18:56 hrishi11 is offline Search for Posts by hrishi11 Add hrishi11 to your Buddy List
bob

RE: Greeting message in MP3 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by hrishi11
I just tried converting into wav using goldwave (PCM signed, 16 bits, 8000Hz, 128 kbps, mono) but the recording still doesn't work. Anyone know any other audio software that they use to convert (that works with pbxes)?

I have used the windows sound recorder. You can set the codec to the spec and save it.

05.11.2008 13:56 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
hri

Sound recorder wouldn't work for me. I am looking for conversion software because I already have the audio files recorded. What software do you guys use to convert that works with pbxes.com?

05.11.2008 23:10 hrishi11 is offline Search for Posts by hrishi11 Add hrishi11 to your Buddy List
rsd
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 15.07.2009

Freeware decoder:
http://members.home.nl/w.speek/mad_frontend.htm

Works well. You can google it as "MAD frontend". ZIP file is only 151 kb. Use "-m -R 8000" in options for mono & 8000KHz.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by rsd on 13.08.2009 at 22:49.

13.08.2009 22:47 rsdesigns is offline Search for Posts by rsdesigns Add rsdesigns to your Buddy List
nyc

geschockt RE: Greeting message in MP3 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

i im on a mac,, and i have converted file to 16 bit pcm 8000 wav.. and when i go to upload... it says successful , then i goi to step 2 and check if unavailable.. now it sas saved.. and then i go t back.. and of course theres no record of it... so i try saving the recording as X then going back in , uploading the wav file.. and saving again.. but it never works.. thoughts?

21.06.2010 09:39 nycdan is offline Search for Posts by nycdan Add nycdan to your Buddy List
sim

Same problem here. I've just posted it in a different thread. I'm on a Vista PC and converted to wav with audacity.
Parameters are correct, but it seems it doesn't work...

03.10.2010 17:45 simoted is offline Search for Posts by simoted Add simoted to your Buddy List
hng
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

Daumen hoch! RE: Greeting message in MP3 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have a similar problem... I have recorded in WAV files... and upload, there is no sound being played back??? why??

I found a great tool for generating text to speech from ATT... but, again, I can play them on my computer, but when uploaded they don't work??

http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

Updated 5/31

Ahhh... yes, finally read the previous posts... sample rate is key... once this was address, everything worked well...

Actually used Audicity also... key was getting the format to downsample to 8000... once this was accomplished, then exporting wav... to verify, I would then re-import the saved file and verify the bit rate.

Augenzwinkern

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by hng on 31.05.2011 at 16:44.

09.03.2011 02:30 hngsteve is offline Search for Posts by hngsteve Add hngsteve to your Buddy List
avi
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 01.03.2012

I am having the same problem.

I exported my file to WAV in 8bit 16khz mono pcm, but PBXES tells me "bad format" whenever I try to upload.

In 2012 pbxes accepted my files, but since 2016 and now in 2017 I can't upload them anymore.

I tried different converters, but nothing works. Help please!

24.02.2017 00:13 avikoo is offline Search for Posts by avikoo Add avikoo to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Please don't delete the recording and provide us with the name. We will look into it.

24.02.2017 10:39 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: