PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: 2 extensions with same registration
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mik
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 30.07.2007

2 extensions with same registration Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Are there any objections / problems registering the same extension number at two different locations simultaneously?
Appreciate I could use ring group and setup multiple extensions but prefer to keep things simple.
Thanks
Mike

29.12.2007 15:22 mikeparker is offline Search for Posts by mikeparker Add mikeparker to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

You have to trust us on this one, creating two distinct extensions has advantages, like calling from one to the other, and keeps it simple for the system.

Dual registrations create some serious issues.

29.12.2007 19:11 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Like diafore said it could create problems.

As for ring groups, even if you use 1 extension you do have to setup a ring group for that extension.
Setting up 2 extensions just means you add another extension to the ring group.

Als when using 2 extensions when 1 answers the phone you can transfer the call to the other location (extension)

If you don't know how to setup, just read the forum or ask for help.

30.12.2007 18:19 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
mem

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

I have been looking for a while on a way to set up Shared Lines on here, but haven't really figured it out. I'm not very well versed in all this though. If you look in the Feature Request area you'll see the thread we had going.

20.02.2008 09:51 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
avs
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.04.2013

RE: 2 extensions with same registration Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I want to be able to pick up the same extension from multiple locations. I understand the ring group concept that has been outlined here, but then if I make outgoing calls to another extension would I be able to have it appear to come from the extension numbers for which the ring group is set up, or will the actual extension number which I happen to be calling from show up?
Are there any updated observations on this topic in general?
Thanks for any advice. smile

30.05.2013 15:02 avsidya is offline Search for Posts by avsidya Add avsidya to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: