PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: Backup Sites
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bri

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
traurig Sometimes down? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Is it possible that from about a week in the night and also during wee-end the pbx.i-p-tel.com configuration website and SIP services are down?
Is it a temporary situation or it could be the same always in the future (ie, are programmed switch-off or crashes?)
Thanks.
Riccardo

16.03.2006 11:28 bricky is offline Search for Posts by bricky Add bricky to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Achtung RE: Sometimes down? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

i am sorry for the two outages (incl. the one today). i delegated monitoring to the noc network operations center. as i will be back from holidays tomorrow i will look after it, restore stability and even improve it by adding backup sites.

thanks for your continued cooperation

pascal

16.03.2006 18:29 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
SIP

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Today it was down also. it would have been nice if we could be noticed before the down time accure, we are running tests on your services and all the time we get errors we assume that is from our network specially when we can logon to the accounts.

19.03.2006 17:07 SIP is offline Search for Posts by SIP Add SIP to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Sometimes down? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

There has been no more outage up to now. This time it must be caused by something else.

Best regards,
Pascal

19.03.2006 17:43 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Sometimes down? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused due to to the third outage of the PBX.

REASON FOR THE LONG DOWNTIME

When this happened at 3am in the night from Friday to Saturday (Central European Time) the technician decided to wait for the morning to record the error message. So for analyzing the error first the repair was delayed.

FUTURE

This time we were able to track down the bug. So in future we hope such outage will never occur again. Of course, we already started in February to install backup server sites. However the neccessary tools are not fully ready yet so we need some more weeks to accomplish this as well.

Best regards,
Pascal

25.03.2006 12:46 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
cml

Backup Sites Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Regarding the back-up sites, it was mentioned that a U.S. site would up and running a week or so ago.

Has this happened? When do you forsee the back-up sites reducing some delays and outages we've had so far?

Thank you for all the great work you are doing,

Chad

29.06.2006 02:51 cmlone is offline Search for Posts by cmlone Add cmlone to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Backup Sites Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We are behind schedule. Sorry. Installation of additional sites was assigned top priority.

29.06.2006 13:56 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
cml

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the update, not all plans go to schedule.

This is understandable, all the hardwork your team is doing has been great. Keep us posted as we look forward the new features.

Best Regards,

Chad

29.06.2006 19:49 cmlone is offline Search for Posts by cmlone Add cmlone to your Buddy List
cml

Hello,

Do we have any approximate timelines for a U.S. site? We have a few delays, but like this set-up. If we can cut down on the voice delays with a closer location, this would be an ideal set-up.

Otherwise we need an alternative solution, would you know of a solution where we could still use this system and get around the delays?

Thank you,

Chad

08.07.2006 18:25 cmlone is offline Search for Posts by cmlone Add cmlone to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: Backup Sites Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

All preparations have been done. We will install the US site next week.

To reduce delays you can also try audio bypass (see http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=80).

08.07.2006 23:32 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
cml

Okay,

I have tried setting up audio by-pass on both trunk and extension previously, this does not work reliably.

The one comment I've had when people are calling our number, is a choppy reception. A call rings, then stops, rings again..etc. This shows up in the call logs also, as a call with many repeats per incoming call.

With the US site installation, will this help for incoming? Most calls having issues are within Norh America, so with a US location, this should correct the issues we are seeing relating to delay while in North America...correct?

Will we be notified when the U.S site comes on-line, along with any related updates for settings?

Thank you,

Chad

08.07.2006 23:46 cmlone is offline Search for Posts by cmlone Add cmlone to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Backup Sites Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, sure. We will keep you updated!

08.07.2006 23:59 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
cml

Hello,

In regards to the US site coming on-line, has this been completed as of current?

Can you send us an update regarding the status?

Thank you,

Chad

14.07.2006 19:47 cmlone is offline Search for Posts by cmlone Add cmlone to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Currently we run a site in Frankfurt. On Monday July 17th a second site in Nürnberg, also in Germany, will go into production. The present schedule for the US site is also next week.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 18.07.2006 at 15:29.

15.07.2006 00:22 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ria

is pbxes down today? whenever I try to make a call to any number? it was working fine yesterday and no setting have changed in either of my phones? calls to extensions work fine, but nothing gets through to the outside world?

Any Ideas any one?

Thanks in advance

15.07.2006 15:41 rianscott is offline Search for Posts by rianscott Add rianscott to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Daumen hoch! RE: Backup Sites Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

No, the service was up. The new site located in Nürnberg is up now, too.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 02.08.2006 at 02:10.

19.07.2006 00:38 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: