PBXes » English » News » Getting this WiKi post back on topic...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Documenting features for the Wiki Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would like to start documenting some setup information on the Wiki, for which I will need your help in two ways:

• Propose subjects for which you would like to see procedures documented.
• Look into the newly created procedures and verify they can produce functional results.

To start the process, I will propose the subject of the first procedure, to be how to setup an SPA-3102 on PBXes, in order to use it as a PSTN gateway for incoming and outgoing calls, as well as an extension.

Please reply to this thread, and I will create the procedure on the Wiki. Once this is done I will ask Pascal to remove the messages related to the procedure.

Thanks.

06.09.2007 20:54 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
pbx
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 12.12.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Diafora,

I have a cell phone connected to an old SPA-3000 via a Dock-N-Talk. The SPA-3102 is a mix of the old SPA-2100 and the SPA-3000.
We have instructions on how to bridge a SPA-3xxxx to a local Asterisk but nothing about pbxes and a SPA-3xxxx behind a NAT.
I spent several nights without get it work. Therefore.... I'm here waiting for your guide!
How can we get it registered as a trunk in pbxes?

22.09.2007 15:33 pbx00 is offline Search for Posts by pbx00 Add pbx00 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

So far it seems that no-one has gotten an SPA-3x0x to fully function with PBXes.

Let's wait and see...

24.09.2007 13:57 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ara

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
SPA3102 works with pbxes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

On whether Linksys SPA3102 needs special configuration with pbxes.

Mine works just fine, when pbxes is the primary account on line1. I pointed it at my extension and password and it rings and calls out.

This works through Netgear router/firewall as well without modifications.

25.09.2007 17:10 arafalov is offline Search for Posts by arafalov Add arafalov to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

The SPA-3102 as well as the SPA-3000 has two parts, the extension (ATA) part and the trunk (gateway) part.

It's trivial to configure the extension part (where you connect a phone), but quite a challenge to properly configure the gateway part (where you would connect a phone line) and use it to place and receive calls from the PSTN, across the many different telephone systems in every country.

Since the latter part is not trivial to configure, we decided to gather the available configurations and produce an easy to follow guide. So far no-one seems to have successfully configured an SPA-3x0x with PBXes, in order to fully utilize it's gateway & ATA functionality.

25.09.2007 18:22 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
pbx
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 12.12.2006

What I did with my SPA-3000 is quite simple.
Line 1 is an extension of my pbxes pbx: pbx00-extension.
All calls coming from a selection of trunks, go to pbx00-extension.
On my SPA-3000 User 1 menu I have Cfwd All Dest: mycellphonenumber@gw0.
Therefore, all incoming calls are diverted to my cellphone and the whole process is completely transparent to all callers.

In PSTN Line menu I have in the Subscriber Information menu: pbx00-another extension.
Dial Plan 3: (S0<:extension>Augenzwinkern
VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway Enabled and PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Enabled.

When I'm on the road I can receive free calls because I attached to my Dock-N-Talk an UMTS cellphone with a convenient call plan.
When I want to make calls via VoIP while I'm on the road, I call my cellphone at home, then I dial an extension number to get in touch with friends and relatives.
As you know CDMA/UMTS won't allow to send DTMF between two CDMA/UMTS cellphones. So I did a trick. I use my Nokia E61 and Opera Mobile browser and I login to my pbxes pbx and I change PSTN number for the Classic extension (S0<:extension>Augenzwinkern.

The above scenario can give a bit of freedom to people. Next step would be the GREAT step. I mean... use the call plan in the cellphone connected to my SPA-3000 or PSTN as a Trunk of the pbxes pbx.
You have to know that the Dock-N-Talk is connected to the PSTN port of my SPA-3000. Therefore... if I have a PSTN line the scenario I talked about won't change.
You can receive calls via your PSTN or you can spare a lot of money by calling other cellphones via your cellphone connected to the Linksys/SPA device.

A GREAT way to get in touch with the world without ask for a loan, right? ;-)

I'm here, willing to help, Diafora. My device is reachable from the Internet with the right credentials ;-)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by pbx on 01.10.2007 at 23:34.

01.10.2007 23:30 pbx00 is offline Search for Posts by pbx00 Add pbx00 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: Documenting features for the Wiki Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I suggest that you follow up on this on www.pbxspace.com. One user already created a group "Linksys SPA" there to create the team.

18.10.2007 01:08 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mem

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Getting this WiKi post back on topic... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have noticed that the WiKi simply isn't growing very much. So, I started a little project. I created a copy ot the Setup Menu structure in the WiKi so we can all fill in with our knowledge. Sort of like a manual. Hopefully, it can get people more familiar with each of the entries in the menu categories, also I think it can show the differences in capabilities of each subscription level. For example it can show that SoHo doesn't have call recording and other levels do. But, since I am in SoHo someone else needs to add/edit those things.

24.07.2008 11:25 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: