PBXes » English » PBXes PRO » RE: RE: Phonebook integration with Call Monitor 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Phonebook integration with Call Monitor Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

After using PBXes for a while with DIDs from multiple countries, the advantage of certain countries which include the Caller-ID name information is very clear.

Since expecting the regulatory authorities to legislate for carriers to implement this, is far fetched to say the least, I propose to do the next best thing.

Is a phonebook is integrated with PBXes we would be able to enter a name to correspond with a number(s), in a similar way to mobile phones. If the name of the person calling you, is already associated to the Caller-ID, the name is displayed instead of the number. In the PBXes case it would be inserted in the Caller-ID Name field, ahead of the Caller-ID Number.

A native phonebook has other advantages too, like Click2Dial functionality.

13.08.2007 19:09 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: Phonebook integration with Call Monitor Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

A phonebook allowing Click2Dial is already part of PBXes PRO. We now extended functionality according to your proposal: On incoming calls known names automatically get inserted into the Caller-ID Name field, ahead of the Caller-ID Number.

01.09.2007 12:44 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Great. I have added a couple of numbers to test the functionality, but I have a couple of related questions.

In a company setting, where multiple extensions will need to be preloaded with similar contact info, how can a common set of data be uploaded on the SugarCRM accounts of multiple extensions? Will the admin of the account be granted these privileges?

On another note, it seems to me that for seamless integration between the Click2Dial functionality of PBXes Pro, and the proper identification of the CallerID Name based on the info we entered in SugarCRM, another feature needs to added in the mix.

Currently, when entering the contact details of a person, we need to choose carefully how we enter their telephone numbers.

If we choose the E.164 notation, we would be able to dial any number with almost any trunk provider. But most probably our DID providers deliver the CallerID without the national prefix, which would prevent the proper lookup and insertion of the CallerID Name in the Call Monitor and the display of our IP phones.

If we choose to enter the telephone number without the national prefix, the lookup and insertion of the CallerID Name will be successful, but the Click2Dial functionality would fail on most trunk providers.

A possible solution to this, is to prepend the inbound CallerID with the appropriate Country Code on a trunk basis, so all our contacts' telephone numbers and Call Monitor entries will be based on the E.164 notation, which would allow our dialing to be accomplished seamlessly.

03.09.2007 00:19 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: RE: Phonebook integration with Call Monitor Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The idea behind PBXes PRO is sharing information. Contacts loaded from one extension are always shared by the others. Exceptions from sharing are personal email and calendar items.

Caller IDs are matched on the last 7 digits. So you don't have to care about international prefixes.

03.09.2007 14:55 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: