PBXes » English » Bugs » Unable to register extension
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kvi
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.01.2020

Unable to register extension Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I am unable to register an extension. I've watched a couple of videos and read some documentation and I think I'm doing it right but it still isn't working.

I've created SIP extension 1001. I can see the extension was created in the sip.conf file. I see username=kvidos-1001.

I installed sipdroid, used kvidos-1001 as my username, pbxes.org as the proxy/server and put in the password. I get a notification that registration has failed. I've tried the 3g and wlan options at the bottom as well as trying different ports but I am unable to register.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

UPDATE: I changed servers to www3. I'm not sure if this did anything. I also changed the sip proxy in sipdroid to 144.76.38.78. I thought I had done that with server www4 and was still getting the registration failed error.

UPDATE: I'm failing registration again but I think it may be VPN or bandwidth related. SipDroid is showing registration failed(timeout) now.

--I'M CONNECTED AGAIN!!--

I have more research to do to figure out what's going on.

Thanks for your attention.

OK! So I'm using NordVPN and that is impacting SipDroid connecting to pbxes.org. If I have a good signal it will connect but I am unable to perform the echo test. With NordVPN disabled I am able to connect and get good performance from the echo test.

I'm hoping with a better connection I can use VOIP through the VPN.

UPDATE: I can connect with NordV'PN running and complete the echo test when I have a good signal. ZoiPer seems to work a little better than sipDroid.

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by kvi on 26.01.2020 at 22:05.

25.01.2020 22:20 kvidos is offline Search for Posts by kvidos Add kvidos to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: