PBXes » English » Providers » SIP provider blocking your PBX server.
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
leo
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 13.09.2011

SIP provider blocking your PBX server. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

My SIP provider, weepee.io, is repeatedly blocking your PBX server, 5.9.79.175, because trunk "sip:329909025994@sip.voice.weepee.io" is not configured correctly. This trunk is not mine, but my account resides on the same server. They block the IP address of the server, instead of blocking only the affected user.
Can you, please, delete this trunk to stop me being blocked also?

06.04.2019 23:19 leovanschoote is offline Search for Posts by leovanschoote Add leovanschoote to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: SIP provider blocking your PBX server. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

OK, Done.

08.04.2019 16:22 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
leo
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 13.09.2011

RE: SIP provider blocking your PBX server. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

My SIP provider, Weepee, lets me know that using one IP address for multiple customers poses a security threat.
Is it feasible to assign an individual IP address to each account? For instance by migrating to IPv6, where the number of available IP addresses is almost infinite.
Do paid accounts also share the same IP address?

09.04.2019 14:00 leovanschoote is offline Search for Posts by leovanschoote Add leovanschoote to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Many providers don't offer IPv6 yet. E.g. sip.voice.weepee.io is only accessible via IPv4.

10.04.2019 16:35 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: