PBXes » English » News » Google Voice as SIP Provider
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sea
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 19.11.2018

RE: Google Voice as SIP Provider Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by zap
Receiving Trunk Outage emails.
Tried re-starting.....
Has Google blocked access?

Don't know but Obihai website and Obitalk forum is down.

09.03.2019 05:46 sean is offline Search for Posts by sean Add sean to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Google Voice as SIP Provider Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Looks like Google blocked access to their SIP service now.

09.03.2019 15:24 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sea
Grünschnabel

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p
Looks like Google blocked access to their SIP service now.

Blocked access temporarily? Blocked access for pbxes only or for obitalk also?

09.03.2019 17:13 sean is offline Search for Posts by sean Add sean to your Buddy List
man
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 25.11.2017

I just confirmed that my OBiTalk device service is up and fully operational. Could it be that Google blocked SIP access from unofficially sanctioned applications/vendors?

09.03.2019 19:01 mancuj1 is offline Search for Posts by mancuj1 Add mancuj1 to your Buddy List
zap
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 14.02.2012

No, the main OBITALK.COM site is also down,
preventing new 200/202 configurations.
Only pre-configured service works.

09.03.2019 20:03 zapattack is offline Search for Posts by zapattack Add zapattack to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Probably permanent after 8 years of open interfaces to Google Voice. We just found this:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r320169...sion~start=1174

10.03.2019 04:06 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
har
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 25.08.2018

I can no longer add a GV trunk on the SIP trunk add interface even though it worked well up until a few days ago, is GV down forever here now?

Edit: Oh did they block us because we are lowkey violating google's terms of service by using the obihai sip connection thing

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by har on 10.03.2019 at 05:18.

10.03.2019 05:04 harrison is offline Search for Posts by harrison Add harrison to your Buddy List
hst
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 23.04.2013

the create button is gone: after deleting GV trunk there is no way to create a new one - it seems that GV is gone for now

10.03.2019 18:06 hstreu is offline Search for Posts by hstreu Add hstreu to your Buddy List
sea
Grünschnabel

Is PBXes going to work on bringing it back? Why is the GV SIP trunk add interface create button gone?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sea on 11.03.2019 at 00:21.

11.03.2019 00:21 sean is offline Search for Posts by sean Add sean to your Buddy List
hst
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 23.04.2013

pbxes used Obihai to crash the party and this way provided free access to GV. Google blocked this and I guess that Obihai or google asked pbxes also to stop and now the created GV button is gone. I doubt this wonderful service is coming back unless pbxes negociates some deal with google. I have an Obihai box on order and I am going to try to make GV work through this.

11.03.2019 17:47 hstreu is offline Search for Posts by hstreu Add hstreu to your Buddy List
sea
Grünschnabel

Can I set up a Obihai GV SIP and GV Password and incorporate it into PBXes on my own?

15.03.2019 00:41 sean is offline Search for Posts by sean Add sean to your Buddy List
zap
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 14.02.2012

Google Voice only permits certain Polycom/Obi devices
to connect to their service.

PBXes is not presently an authorized user.

Using credentials removed from an OBi device
is a violation of GV Terms of Service.

17.03.2019 19:49 zapattack is offline Search for Posts by zapattack Add zapattack to your Buddy List
nor
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 12.10.2018

Zitat:
Originally posted by zap
Google Voice only permits certain Polycom/Obi devices
to connect to their service.

PBXes is not presently an authorized user.

Using credentials removed from an OBi device
is a violation of GV Terms of Service.

There is a post on another forum about using an Obi200 as an ITSP for an asterisk server. I wonder if this is possible with PBXes? The post usts JPSIP instead of SIP, so that may be a problem.

https://cboh.org/voip/obi/OBi_As_ITSP.html

27.03.2019 14:25 norfieldpbx is offline Search for Posts by norfieldpbx Add norfieldpbx to your Buddy List
one
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 23.10.2011

SANTA CRUZ, Calif., March 19, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Plantronics, Inc. (NYSE:PLT) ("Poly"), a global communications company, today announced that its VVX 250, 350 and 450 OBi Edition phones are the first IP phones certified for Google Voice. The offering is a result of a new strategic alliance between Poly and Google Cloud to create integrated solutions for businesses that rely on Google Cloud's G Suite with Google Voice.

27.03.2019 20:03 oneunxadm is offline Search for Posts by oneunxadm Add oneunxadm to your Buddy List
azg
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 02.05.2011

Zitat:
Originally posted by nor

There is a post on another forum about using an Obi200 as an ITSP for an asterisk server. I wonder if this is possible with PBXes?

Define a sub-pbx to route outbound calls to the OBi200.

Send inbound directly to PBXes as pbxesuserid-xxx@pbxes.com
then define an inbound route for pbxesuserid-xxx

31.03.2019 05:39 azgold is offline Search for Posts by azgold Add azgold to your Buddy List
nor
Grünschnabel

Thanks for the hints azg. I got the Obi202 to register with pbxes.org, and I am able to make outgoing calls, but inbound calls don't work and give the following error messages:

Apr 1 09:30:22 VERBOSE[49016] logger.c: Video is at 67.231.240.210 port 41668
Apr 1 09:30:22 VERBOSE[49016] logger.c: Adding codec 0x4 (ulaw) to SDP
Apr 1 09:30:22 VERBOSE[49016] logger.c: Adding codec 0x8 (alaw) to SDP
Apr 1 09:30:22 VERBOSE[49016] logger.c: Adding codec 0x10 (g726) to SDP
Apr 1 09:30:22 VERBOSE[49016] logger.c: Adding non-codec 0x1 (telephone-event) to SDP
Apr 1 09:30:22 VERBOSE[49016] logger.c: -- Playing 'cannot-complete-as-dialed' (language 'en')
Apr 1 09:30:24 VERBOSE[49016] logger.c: -- Playing 'pls-try-call-later' (language 'en')
Apr 1 09:30:26 VERBOSE[49016] chan_sip.c: Hangup call SIP/norfieldpbx-Obi202-1425, SIP callid b8dee52b0867e12a@192.168.86.40

Do I need to make a trunk? Currently I using the name of the sub-pbx as the trunk name in the inbound call route. I have also tried the GV caller id number as the trunk name. Any further hints are welcome.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by nor on 02.04.2019 at 01:50.

01.04.2019 14:36 norfieldpbx is offline Search for Posts by norfieldpbx Add norfieldpbx to your Buddy List
nei
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.03.2012

I think you did not forget to add Incoming Route for sub-pbx

03.04.2019 10:29 neitro is offline Search for Posts by neitro Add neitro to your Buddy List
azg
Grünschnabel

nor,

Sorry for my delayed response, I don't check this forum very often. Maybe you already have this fixed.

Don't use the Sub-PBX number. Use a number unrelated to anything. For example if your Sub-PBX is userid-900, use userid-990. You probably can use the Sub-PBX number. I haven't used Sub-PBXes for years, so I'm not sure. I'm currently routing calls to a number unrelated to anything and it works. You just need a matching inbound route.

Your OBi202 X_InboundCallRoute will look like this:
spx(userid-990@pbxes.com)

spx is where you have the Sub-PBX defined.

Do the following so the inbound callerid will be passed to PBXes.

Service Providers - ITSP Profile x SIP - X_SpoofCallerID: Checked

Profile x is the one related to the Sub-PBX.

05.04.2019 05:49 azgold is offline Search for Posts by azgold Add azgold to your Buddy List
nor
Grünschnabel

azg,

Thanks so much. I was so close. I was using spx(userid-990) and when I changed to your spx(userid-990@pbxes.com), everything worked perfectly. The call logs shows userid-990 without the @pbxes.com so I didn't understand why it wasn't matching.

Just to confirm, I am using sub-pbx without a trunk. Using this solution people can still use google voice as a trunk of PBXes, they just need to use an Obi2xx box with 2 available SP slots. And since you are using an Obi2xx you are not violating any terms of service (IMHO).

Thanks again azg!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by nor on 05.04.2019 at 19:36.

05.04.2019 16:06 norfieldpbx is offline Search for Posts by norfieldpbx Add norfieldpbx to your Buddy List
azg
Grünschnabel

Glad you got it working. Just to further explain the Sub-PBX, when you send something to the Sub-PBX, it's considered an outbound call. When you do this: spx(18005551212) you can send the number to a PBXes trunk using an outbound route. You can do this spx(100) to ring an extension or spx(1) to trigger a Ring Group. The problem with this method is you can't pass the original inbound callerid from GV. Maybe there is a way, but I don't know how.

06.04.2019 00:56 azgold is offline Search for Posts by azgold Add azgold to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5]  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: