PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Account Deleted without warning (UNHAPPY) 10 year old customer
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
red
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 03.05.2018

Account Deleted without warning (UNHAPPY) 10 year old customer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello

I really appreciate your efforts and the services you provide.

I am a very old customer since 2008 and did not have any complaints till now.

However this morning I just received an email stating that my account was deleted.

Looked into my mailbox and spam/deleted ones did not found any warning whatsoever.

--- snip ---
This can have the following reasons:

* You requested deletion of your account.
* Your account has been inactive for more than two years.

Best regards,
i-p-tel

---

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and
you will not receive a response. For assistance, create a new PBXes
account and choose the Support link.

------

I am not amused at the last statement asking to create a new account where you have to pay 15$ just to place ask for community help even you may not even load the system

I definitely am not happy and I urge you to reconsider the policy of deletion. At least leave the forum access to the account and block only the use of the PBX service.

Maybe you may ask for a activation fee.

03.05.2018 16:54 redwil is offline Search for Posts by redwil Add redwil to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Account Deleted without warning (UNHAPPY) 10 year old customer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for your feedback and the idea of an acitivation fee.

However this is not the reason why we delete those old accounts. It is because of the upcoming GDPR. Other companies like mobile networks also drop old SIM cards when they've not been used. We have to clean up data after a while.

And we also fear sending out warning emails would be misinterpreted as spam!

03.05.2018 21:49 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
red
Grünschnabel

RE: Account Deleted without warning (UNHAPPY) 10 year old customer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the reply

I understand that GDPR is coming in effect and you may have concerns to be addressed and yes it may be that at some point in time and for certain SIM cards the mobile data operators may choose to disable them but as with MAC addresses even if they are not used they cannot be reused within public networks. I still have SIM cards from various operators that can be used (albeit requiring refills for example) and not need to buy a new one.

And your concern about spam, let me tell you that is bogus for I received an email regarding the deletion of the account.

Some of your clients are from countries outside EU so they are not aware of all the EU legislation.

Besides you knew about GDPR since a long time ago and you definitely did not started yesterday to do your cleanup without a plan.

I received only one mail since my original sign up (about 10 years ago) notifying of improvements in 2012.

Hence a notification would have been in order stating that you want to charge now for free accounts and there will be no carry on of the old accounts.

I also understand that you run a business not a charity but, let me be blunt and say that it looks more like you wanted to get rid of the old free accounts.

And the fact that I need to pay just to be able to voice my concern is outrageous.

03.05.2018 22:40 redwil is offline Search for Posts by redwil Add redwil to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

OK, we halted account deletion and will first inform everybody.

You'll get a refund of your activation fee.

We are still sticking to the free model except of the one time fee for new accounts. This is because we cannot track how many accounts users have with the new GDPR rules.

03.05.2018 23:23 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
red
Grünschnabel

Sorry for late delay in answering.

Thank you for your sensible words.

I, for instance I have only one account.

I understand and agree with you that some will abuse the system. Me I would still delete or schedule for deletions and suspend all rights except forum access such that those who really want would be able to comment and argue about their 'free accounts.

That is of course you gave the time and inclination to allow those inactive/dormant accounts on a case by case basis.

In regards to the 'activation fee' I assume my old account is gone so I will be able to keep this one after the refund.

In any case I am/will/have been using this account to validate concepts, testing and occasionally for personal/family use

Thanks again for all your efforts.

07.05.2018 02:08 redwil is offline Search for Posts by redwil Add redwil to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: