PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Block anonymous calls
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wiz
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 03.07.2012

Lampe Block anonymous calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
I was wanting to block Anonymous calls - those with no Caller ID.

I could set the privacy manager on, but then if the caller typed in any number I would then receive the call.

I wanted to block any anonymous call, after searching around I was unable to find any solution documented, However I did find a way to achieve this.

I created and inbound route with the trunk name entered (or not for all trunks) and the Caller ID number blank with the Destination set as Hangup.

I then created another inbound route for the same trunk but with the Caller ID number set to X. (note full stop after the X)
The destination in this case set to an extension or ring group.

I did some tests and now if I withhold my called ID the call is hung up and when not withheld is sent to the destination - Rule: 'X' caller ID starts with 0 to 9 followed by any other digits '.'

Is this the best way to do this, or is there a better way?

Mike

05.12.2016 15:32 wizgnome is offline Search for Posts by wizgnome Add wizgnome to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Block anonymous calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Great! You found a solution that we did not know about when customers asked us for in the past.

Thank you for sharing. This is the only and therefore best way to do it. You might want to send anonymous callers to hear a recording instead of just hanging up. That could be done by choosing a Digital Receptionist on your empty inbound route.

05.12.2016 21:41 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: