PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups » RE: Callers getting 'agent login' instead of joining a queue
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mhc
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.07.2010

Callers getting 'agent login' instead of joining a queue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

We have a fairly standard setup, incoming route during working hours goes to a queue. The queue has a Join Announcement set, and two static extension numbers.

For some reason, randomly, calls will no longer work and instead incoming callers get the join announcement recording followed by the recording 'agent login...'.

The only way I've found to fix the issue is do a full reset on the system in Personal Data then it works fine for a week or so then goes back to doing the above.

Any ideas? We are losing calls now because of this as you can imagine, so could really do with knowing what is causing this and how to fix it other than the having to reset the account every few days.

Thanks.

Mark

26.11.2015 18:26 mhcg is offline Search for Posts by mhcg Add mhcg to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Callers getting 'agent login' instead of joining a queue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This can accidently happen if you add your queue number followed by a * as a dynamic queue member.

Normally you dial that to enter the menu for adding members. If you then dial the same again, instead of the new member's number, you get above described issue.

Restarting your PBX clears all dynamic members from queues.

You can avoid the issue by testcalling your queue by dialing its number after adding any new member.

30.11.2015 01:24 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mhc
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.07.2010

RE: Callers getting 'agent login' instead of joining a queue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I c... I think smile

We generally only login (and out) of the queue using the hash key, i.e. we don't dial 701* followed by, say, 201#, just just dial #. Maybe it's possible somebody is accidentally dialling *# or something.

Mark

03.12.2015 16:27 mhcg is offline Search for Posts by mhcg Add mhcg to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: