PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: Cisco IP phones losing connection
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
avs
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.04.2013

Cisco IP phones losing connection Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have 8 Cisco 303 IP Phones in an office behind a router. I find that at any time about three of these will not be registered to PBXes.org for some reason (the light for the line turns orange instead of green).
Is there anything I should look to change in the settings on the phones, or other things to check?
At different times different phones will be working.
I changed the port numbers to use a range from 5061 to 5072 (different one for each phone) and this appears to have maybe helped. Again, are there any other tips for keeping the connections constant?
Many thanks

30.07.2013 17:08 avsidya is offline Search for Posts by avsidya Add avsidya to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: Cisco IP phones losing connection Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Have you set the registration interval of each phone to a reasonably short period, say 60 secs. That should give you a clearer idea of whats going on.
Just looked at the manual, they may be set to 60 secs already.
Other thing to check out is the router, they don't all behave the same. I personally find the cheap and cheerfuls work well strange as it sounds.
Regards

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tel on 30.07.2013 at 18:44.

30.07.2013 18:18 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
avs
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.04.2013

RE: Cisco IP phones losing connection Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the tip - I'm trying that out on some of the phones to see if the situation gets better...

31.07.2013 09:11 avsidya is offline Search for Posts by avsidya Add avsidya to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Registration intervals should not be set too short. Consequently the extensions would permanently be in a status in between of being registered, and unregistered. Please use values of at least several minutes, and see if that helps.

31.07.2013 15:21 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

If that doesn't help then I would definitely try one of the phones on a different ISP/Router (like at home) and see how it behaves then.
Regards

31.07.2013 15:42 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: