PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: Sip Authentication Failure
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sky
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 14.09.2011

Sip Authentication Failure Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
We have 2 Cisco SPA525G2 (1 wifi & 1 Lan) and 1 SPA942 connected on 3 differents extentions.
For about a 3 weeks now, the phones often lose the registration and have difficulties to reconnect with an error (Sip Authentication Fail). When i unplug and replug the phone or wait for the next registration it register again..
This is not a router problem because the phones are connected to pbxes from differents internet access in different countries.
If you have any idea...
Thanks for your help.
Luc

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sky on 28.03.2013 at 22:04.

28.03.2013 21:05 skyii is offline Search for Posts by skyii Add skyii to your Buddy List
fsa
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 11.10.2011

RE: Sip Authentication Failure Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I have a similar problem.

As of today, I can no longer register to my extension #1505 using my ATA (cisco SPA112). On the pbxes status page, my extension is marked as online, although it isn't. I have deleted the extension and recreated it with a new password -- it was immediately seen as online by pbxes although it wasn't. I have created a new extension (#1200) and the ATA fails to register to it. That new extension, however, is correctly seen as being offline on the status page. The ATA does have access to the internet, as it does connect directly to the trunk.

I can connect to my sipdroid extension without any issue.

This has happened after I tried to switch from www3 to www1 after I read on the forum it could possibly help solve a betamax-related issue, which it didn't. I switched back to www3, and since then my ATA can no longer register.

Any help/suggestion welcome.

Kind regards,
Fred

UPDATE:
After maybe 2 hours, the status page shows extension 1505 as offline, which is on par with its current state. The ATA still cannot register though :o(

2ND UPDATE:
I checked the ATA again, after maybe 4 or 5 hours, to find it connected. I did nothing in the interval, leaving the ATA trying to register on and on endlessly. I'm glad it now works, but at the same time am a bit frustrated I don't know what happened and why it couldn't register earlier.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by fsa on 08.04.2013 at 17:07.

08.04.2013 10:29 fsaunier is offline Search for Posts by fsaunier Add fsaunier to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: