PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: Help - Data modem over VOIP ?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
rho
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 10.10.2012

Achtung Help - Data modem over VOIP ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello,

I need some help while trying to figure out how to configure my SPA112 and Pbxes.org to have our Alarm system contact the remote surveillance company server using its internal modem over a VoIP line.

I realize what the V stands for in VoIP. I also realize it would be much simpler if our alarm could simply be connected to our network and contact the remote server through the internet.

However, that's not the way things are. Our alarm has its own modem and needs a PSTN line connected to it to contact the remote server. I have set up a line from the alarm to our ATA (SPA112), and to its own extension here on pbxes.org.

So far, the alarm does pick up the line, makes the call and the remote server answers it. The problem is that data does not seem to get through. Apparently, the technician says he has already set up this kind of alarm to use VoIP. So I suppose it must be a settings problem, either with pbxes.org or our ATA. I have also contacted our SIP provider to check with them (I'm still waiting for an answer from them).

So far I have declared DTMF signal as INFO both on the ATA & Pbxes, and have set the "Modem line" parameter to Yes on the ATA. But it does not work.

Any help is more than welcome.

Kind regards,
Fred

08.03.2013 11:45 rhodeinvest is offline Search for Posts by rhodeinvest Add rhodeinvest to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: Help - Data modem over VOIP ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The Cisco support forum has a thread about FAX over the SPA112 with the same problems you describe. Maybe the same solution for you.

Preferred Codec: 711u
Use Pref Codec Only: yes
Echo Canc Enable: no

Regards

08.03.2013 12:50 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: