PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: Unable to CALL SIP numbers from SIPDROID or to DIVERT to SIP from PBXes Extension
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
neu
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 12.07.2012

Unable to CALL SIP numbers from SIPDROID Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

With SIPDROID connected as extension 100 I am able to call classic telephone numbers but when I try to call a SIP 'number' with format : nnnn@domain.org it fails. I can call a SIP extension that has the dial option set to SIP/nnnn@domain.org and that works. (I have tried dialing SIP/nnnn@domain.org from SIPDROID and that fails).

The log seems to show that pbxes is dropping @domain.or and treating the intial numeric part (nnnn) as a number.

I assume I am doing something wrong but can not think what.

15.08.2012 15:19 neuroscot is offline Search for Posts by neuroscot Add neuroscot to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Unable to CALL SIP numbers from SIPDROID or to DIVERT to SIP from PBXes Extension Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Have you tried entering the SIP URI to call into the Called Party Address field in Sipdroid's main screen. That's the second field (below of Called Party Number) when you click on Sipdroid icon from app drawer.

This way it should dial the address, not a number as it can happen when using the built in dialer.

See also:
http://code.google.com/p/sipdroid/wiki/F...other_SIP_URI?)

25.08.2012 19:11 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
neu
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 12.07.2012

RE: Unable to CALL SIP numbers from SIPDROID or to DIVERT to SIP from PBXes Extension Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks
Unfotunately that was the first thing I tried: and it works if I am connecting directly to my localphone a/c and I enter sip:12345@draytel.org

If I connected to PBXES with localphone providing trunk it does not work - the call monitor simply lists the numeric part of the SIP address i.e. '12345' as being called.

I hear a message saying that the call can not be completed as dialed.

25.08.2012 21:13 neuroscot is offline Search for Posts by neuroscot Add neuroscot to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Calling numbers at SIP URIs e.g. ###@dom.tld does not work, because destination numbers are picked up and then routed by outbound dial rules.

You can try to exclude the number from your dial patterns defined in outbound routing.

Calling alphanumeric abc@dom.tld should be no problem.

27.08.2012 14:23 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: